new 540XXL WTE TM

Allright.

I've owned a 330 XLS for a while now, and I finally bought a new one that will have free maps and traffic for a whilce at least, since the internal memory is 4GB.

Now, I have an account with TomTom home with my email. I know tomtom tracks accounts with emails. I don't want to screw this up. My 330 is linked with my email, and I still use that GPS, and don't want to lose what I've downloaded already.

What is my best option here? Create a new account with another email? Is it possible to switch my email on the 330? That way I can use my primary email with my new device?

Let me know what I should do. The end state is I want to be able to connect both my 330 and my new 540 on my computer and update using mapshare without losing my previous map downloads on the 330.

I hope that's clear. Thanks for your inputs!

JF

One of the few things Home does right is track units by email addresses.

So, just connect the new unit to Home and you'll see a message that basically says Home doesn't recognize the unit, would you like to register it with a new email address?

Say yes.

The email address you select doesn't even have to be a real one, just in the format of (e-mail address removed).

When you connect the 330, Home should show you the log in info established for that unit and offer updates appropriate for that model.

When you connect the 540, same thing should happen. Home will show the log in info you established and do the same with the relevant updates for that unit.

I'm pretty sure you can't change the email address you used for the 330 you have. I've read several times in this forum that when you register a new unit, it doesn't even have to be a legit address. Evidently TomTom never contacts us via our email addy. I know I've never received an email from them in almost 3 years.

See this discussion thread that should help:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/Evidently
Changing device in TomTom Home:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/tomtom-tweak-discussion/22949-changing-device-tt-home.html

When you edit your profile for a given username//password, there is a checkbox to receive the newsletter.

That said, I agree that I don't remember receiving one. And the emails from TT to a given email address mostly are a day late and a pound short as far as useful information is concerned. :D

I made a mistake.

I had a ONE XLS, not a 330. But, that doesn't matter. I followed your advice and logged the 540 with another email, and HOME seems happy at the moment!

Now if I could only get HOME to download the new map without timing out every 30 seconds....

Thanks for the help on this one!

JF

Ask a Question