Xxl 540swte map issue

hey guys, just bought the xxl 540 WTE to use it for my upcoming trip to europe. i connected the device to my laptop and it gave me an update. before it started updating it asked me to remove the USA,CANADIAN & Mexico because the new Europe map update was not going to fit into my device, do i did so. After the update finished the usa map was completely gone but now there are two different europe maps in my device, 1- EUROPE WEST: saying it contains the seamless map of europe and 2- WESTERN EUROPE: UN-SIMPLIFIED map of europe. I just dont get what the difference is between this two. I would really appreciate some help as I will be leaving soon.

Ad

Advertisements

TomTom Model(s)
720, 930, 940, XL, One 3rd
See if This page from the UK tech support helps explain about the stupid "zones" they have introduced - Mike

Thanks a lot Mike, the link you provided gave some real good information but it really didn't solve the issue as which ones which. I think its really stupid of TOMTOM to make an update and instead of replacing & completing the old one, create a new one and confuse the hell out of people. I called the Tech support and the girl working there had ABSOLUTELY no clue as what I was talking about, she even asked her supervisor which also had no clue. I really don't know what to do. :(:(

TomTom Model(s)
720, 930, 940, XL, One 3rd
Which countries are you intending to visit while you are over in Europe? - Mike

Ad

Advertisements

Which countries are you intending to visit while you are over in Europe? - Mike
ill be going to Italy, France Monaco, and Spain. I just wanted to make sure that either one of this two maps have same amount of info and POI.

Last edited:

Ask a Question