Xxl 540swte map issue

hey guys, just bought the xxl 540 WTE to use it for my upcoming trip to europe. i connected the device to my laptop and it gave me an update. before it started updating it asked me to remove the USA,CANADIAN & Mexico because the new Europe map update was not going to fit into my device, do i did so. After the update finished the usa map was completely gone but now there are two different europe maps in my device, 1- EUROPE WEST: saying it contains the seamless map of europe and 2- WESTERN EUROPE: UN-SIMPLIFIED map of europe. I just dont get what the difference is between this two. I would really appreciate some help as I will be leaving soon.

Thanks a lot Mike, the link you provided gave some real good information but it really didn't solve the issue as which ones which. I think its really stupid of TOMTOM to make an update and instead of replacing & completing the old one, create a new one and confuse the hell out of people. I called the Tech support and the girl working there had ABSOLUTELY no clue as what I was talking about, she even asked her supervisor which also had no clue. I really don't know what to do. :(:(

Which countries are you intending to visit while you are over in Europe? - Mike

ill be going to Italy, France Monaco, and Spain. I just wanted to make sure that either one of this two maps have same amount of info and POI.

Last edited:

Ask a Question