510 ?s

I got a 510 for my wife and have been having problems with the mapping software. It can't seem to find a lot of the addresses in our area. I tried to download a map of the Upper midwest, but that is too large for my available memory, even after I deleted a lot of useless voices and so forth. What are my options? Can I buy a bigger SD card for it. I tried one that I have as a spare for my camera and it wouldn't recognize it. So far, we have been able to use this thing on only one trip. Tech support is busy all the time. Please Help. Anybody.https://www.tomtomforums.com/images/smilies/mad.gif
:mad:

Hi abwhite,

Have you upgraded to the new maps? Hopefully this will help find those addresses. I have a ONE, but was able to successfully use a 2g card in it. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do this with a 510.

Thanks

I'm going to try it tonight. I have the new maps downloaded, but not enough room on the card. I have a new 1GB card I want to install and use that. Is there any formatting required for the card?
Thanks for the help.

I would definitely make sure you have the new map upgrades for the 510 and then if there are still inaccuracies, which hopefully there aren't, you can report them to Tele Atlas' Map Insight Program which will give you an automated response to let you know if the error has already been corrected.

Ask a Question