510 out of the box.....

TomTom Model(s)
GO 510
:confused: Got my Buy.com $199 GO 510 today. Out of the box - looks great. Plugged it in to the USB cradle and installed the software. No problems. Downloaded the updates that were found - No problems.
I unplugged it from the cradle and rebooted the computer. I ran through the TomTom on screen setup - but now I'm waiting 30 minutes and STILL HAVE NOT GPS SIGNAL!!! WTF?:mad: Is this normal? I live right outside of Cleveland, Ohio.
Is my new/refurbished GO 510 junk? Any ideas? Thanks....

I'm showing App 6.525, OS: 1619, 61MB RAM, 7.2 Free, GPS v1.21, Boot 4.86, Maps: v665.1293.... If that helps....

Last edited:
:( Not outside, but next to a first floor window. I'll try outside...

Update - works now. I went from a east window to a north window. Took 5 minutes and found a signal. Thanks.

Last edited:
One thing I've noticed today: Everytime I plug it into my USB and turn it on - When I disconnect it and turn it back on, I always have to reenter my country, time, voice etc. Is this normal?:confused:

Thanks for the link. I ran the .exe file with my Tom Tom connected. After 'Installation Complete', I disconnected and rebooted my TomTom. Seems to work. I've connected it to the computer twice - without having to reset the time etc. THANKS.:)

Ask a Question