510 Dutch Startup Message

Just updated my 510's US and Canada map. It worked fine while it was connected to the computer using HOME, but the minute I un-docked, the unit reset and now it won't get past a Dutch start up screen that says:

Kon '%s' niet aanmaken Er kunnen geen NP-categorieen meer worden aangemaakt.

Huh?

I tried the 15 second reset trick, but it still comes back to this screen. There is a button to push, the "Selecteer un afbeelding" button (of course) but it doesn't do anything either.

Any help?

Preferences-->Change Language (look for an icon on the last page with flags). Scroll to English and select.

Then, download the Clear flash tool here

At the moment, I can't get HOME to recognize the unit...

It's just sitting here, cycling through the startup screen and the Dutch message.

As long as the computer can recognize the unit connected, the Clear Flash should run. It doesn't require Home's interface.

Still nothing after running the Clear flash. The computer recognizes the device, and it works fine when using the HOME interface, but when I take it off the docking station it goes to the Dutch message screen.

And when I'm using the HOME interface, the device is in English (US) mode.

Do you have a backup prior to this behaviour? If so, I'd remove the application from the unit and restore the backup.

Yup yup. It looks like that did the trick. Strange behavior from a usually dependable device.

Thanks for the help!

You could try to delete some of the POI's. As the message indicates that you have te many categories of POI's.

greetings j-lo

Ask a Question