510 Does not hold charge

TomTom Model(s)
Hi all
I have a 51O that now taked forever to charge and does not seem to hold the charge very long - it will be be in the charger for > 6 hours and not fully charge
And, when it is in the desk charger you have to move it around to sometimes get the green battery charging image on the screen.
The car charger does not charge it either -even if on a 3 hr highway drive
I bought it on Craig's list in May and I think it is less than 1 yr old.
How long should the battery last - can I replace it of do I have to send it to TT. Is it under warranty.
Thanks for reading
Ed

on a 510 the battery should last 4 hours, I use it for work and get the four hours, I then plug in the car charger and it recharges in about an hour, you should have to charge it for four hours on the ac charger. I don't like the desk charger, it doesn't set right, once you get the green light, don't touch it, leave the unit on so you can check the process.

did you contact support, if not I'm sure you will get the answer from this awesome site, a lot of great knowledge here from personal experiences.

good luck

I had the same problem with my 910. I contacted tomtom and they provided me with a RMA#. I sent it to them and in a week I got it back. That problem was fixed. Not sure what causes that problem though. And no you can't replace the battery on your own.

Ask a Question