my go510 doesn't turn on anymore

i always use the car charger when using my tomtom go 510, i NEVER use it without it being plugged into the charger. well, funny thing is, the first and only time i used it without the charger, the battery died while on a trip and when i got home i plugged it into my car charger, and it won't turn on anymore! i left it to charge for over an hour during a road trip, and it won't turn on. when you press the power button, the green light comes on, and the green light comes on when you plug it into the charger as well, but that's it.

i did a quick google search, and found that others have had this problem, and fixed it by hitting a reset button on the back of the unit. i found the reset button and pushed it for 15 seconds, but it still won't turn on.

obviously it's not worth repairing due to the cost compared to it's age, so before i smash it with a baseball bat, anyone know of a possible simple fix, or something i can try?

Last edited:
i always use the car charger when using my tomtom go 510, i NEVER use it without it being plugged into the charger. well, funny thing is, the first and only time i used it without the charger, the battery died while on a trip and when i got home i plugged it into my car charger, and it won't turn on anymore! i left it to charge for over an hour during a road trip, and it won't turn on. when you press the power button, the green light comes on, and the green light comes on when you plug it into the charger as well, but that's it.

obviously it's not worth repairing due to the cost compared to it's age, so before i smash it with a baseball bat, anyone know of a possible simple fix, or something i can try?

Try a pin reset. If that doesn't work, call Support. They may have a suggestion.

Ask a Question