Does anyone use a Mac with their TT510 or 910?

TomTom Model(s)
910 w iPod & Razr connections
I can't get my Mac laptop (G4 1.2ghz iBook, OS10.4.7) to use advance planning feature of TomTom Home. TT tech support says it should work, that I should click on a red arrow on the screen to start the TT emulation.
Have yet to see the red arrow.

I'm using v 1.2 of Home, the version out on 8/31/06, and firmware v6.51.

Mac

I do.

The feature you are trying to use does not work on a mac. Personally I just leave the TT on its home stand and do the advanced planning on the touch-screen (works just as well as doing it on a picture of the touch screen AFAIK). In fact, it is rather more comfortable to just run on batteries and relax in a nice chair.

All the other features seem to work except for audiobooks (Audible does not have a mac client for TT even though they DO support macs via iTunes.

Finally, if you open the TT drive on the desktop to move your pictures for a slide show you will need to delete the 'hidden' files that TT does not see as hidden (just work through the pictures and delete the ones TT complains about. They will all start with a period.

m

I've gotten several replies, the last one said to include a screen shot showing the red arrow I'm supposed to home in on. But the screen shot image didn't accompany the email as it was supposed to.

The TT tech people seem so confident it should work with a Mac that I'm hoping the problem is only my ignorance, or that some piece of TTHome is missing or there's some conflict with another app.

I'm beginning to think that TT support doesn't know the difference between a Windows machine and a Mac. I've had this slow dance with TT since sometime in Sept., when I asked if TT Home provided advance planning for Mac. The TT site said, and still says, that Macs can't do that. TT support has said it can, and sometime last month, TT provided me a screenshot showing me how to access advance planning -- by clicking on the icon of the TT910 screen. I may have done that several hundred times since I bought the TT in late Aug, with no effect except the line above the large TT screen, "At this time there is no component that is compatible with your computer" or some such thing.

Tonight I took a closer look at the screenshot from TT. It's clearly a Windows screenshot, not from a Mac at all.

I've asked for a screenshot from a Mac, but at this point I'm not sure if anyone there knows the difference.

I expect you're correct. But why did TT support tell me there was, unless someone truly didn't know the difference? Someone there knows the difference -- the programmer who wrote the OS X version of TT Home.

I use my 510 with my iMac G5. I haven't tried the feature you're talking about yet, but so far I'm impressed that it works as well as it does with my iMac.

In fact the demo/intro movie (which I removed from the demo folder on the SD card saving 9.4 MB) shows an iMac connection. Of course it shows the iPod too. I haven't tried out the iPod connection yet, but I plan to try it soon.

-RFord

Advance planning on Mac

That feature (irritatingly) is only available on a Windows machine.
Right now the only way to do so on a PPC mac is to run Virtual PC.

Ive tried that feature and dont have a use for it. Im also running Mac and it seems to interact much better with the Tomtom 910 then does my PC. But my PC is also a few years old. Just hate windows now...

Ask a Question