4 Maps, one year

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
I just installed the 4th map in just under a year. My unit initially came with a 667 map which was update using the LMG to a 675. Then I recieved a 715 map from TT for beta testing and last night I installed a 815.

Here's the odd thing:

The only map that actually had my town correct, and the surrounding highways correct was the 667.

There is a divided 4 lane highway between my town and the next town (and its been there for about 12 years). The 675 showed it correctly, the 675 and 715 showed it as an undivided 2 lane. The new 815 does show it as a divided 4 lane, but shows the west bound lanes with the correct hwy #, but the east bound lanes are not the correct #.

If the maps hadnt been on sale, I think I would have just waited for yet another version.

Cheers!

Code:
 but shows the west bound lanes with the correct hwy #, but the east bound lanes are not the correct #.

I think you realize but I will say just in case you don't you can go on you units map corrections and change the name of the Hwy

The problem is that the highway continues on east, becoming hwy 14, so if I try to change just one section, the entire hwy will be changed. Not sure how else to describe.

You can look and see by going to Morden, Manitoba and you will see what I mean. Hwy 3 leaves Morden heading east for 4 miles, then turns North at the interesection. Hwy 14 continues east from the interesection. They have the south side (east bound) from morden showing as hwy 14, but the north lanes (west bound) as hwy 3, which it should indicate for all 4 lanes up to that intersection.

The intersection is located at N49 11 33 W98 00 05

You will see that hwy 3 heads west, but only the west bound lanes are showing #3 and the south side lanes are showing #14. Hwy 14 is only on the east side of that intersection.

Can I rename just a section of a continueous road?

Cheers

Last edited:
Can I rename just a section of a continueous road?
Cheers

I don't believe that is possible. I was posting speed limits on roads near home and had to deselect parts of a particular road where the speed limit was different. Too bad they didn't think to give us the ability to stipulate a beginning point and an end point for name, speed limit, etc.

I can relate - there are definitely a few highways around here that could benefit from edits to just a portion of the mapped road.

I'm going to submit the idea to TeleAtlas. In the spirit of sharing customer svc #'s, TeleAtlas actually has their own: 800-331-7881.

When I went to change the name of a street on my TT XL One (App. 8.010), it asked me if the selected street was correct or if I wanted to only rename a segment of the street. The selected street was correct in my case, so I didn't play with selecting a portion of the street, but doesn't this indicate that you can rename just a segment of a street?

When I went to change the name of a street on my TT XL One (App. 8.010), it asked me if the selected street was correct or if I wanted to only rename a segment of the street. The selected street was correct in my case, so I didn't play with selecting a portion of the street, but doesn't this indicate that you can rename just a segment of a street?

I should probably add that this was a street in the USA on the USA_and_Canada map v. 8.15, if that makes a difference. :eek:

I don't know about name changes but speed limit changes do allow me to deselect segments of a street. However, it is a tedious process. The segments are quite short.

Well, I'll be jiggered...

I can indeed change the section, I played around some and was able to do it rather easily....thanks for that info up above.

I am pretty sure that option was not there with the 7.900 appy, o well, just happy that it works now.

The Hwy is now correct.

Thanks!

Cheers!

Last edited:

Ask a Question