3.5mm bluetooth headphone receiver

TomTom Model(s)
GO920
The 3.5 mm connector on our Go920 has broken. I suspect from repeated vibration and plugging in and out one or more of the connectors broke loose from the circuit card but I did not try to open the TomTom.

I am hoping to find an inexpensive 3.5mm bluetooth headphone receiver. I have seen a video on YouTube that shows one that apparently works with the TomTom but I live in USA so it would be easier to buy from a store shipping in USA. I found more expensive models but hoping to find a less expensive model preferably less than $25.00, more importantly, I prefer to know it works with the TomTom go920 before I buy it.

YouTube - 3.5mm bluetooth headphone receiver

Prior to this idea, I purchased a refurbished 730 to replace the 920 on the motorcycle, and planned to use the 920 in the car only - but if I can get the 920 working again with our intercom, I will put it back on the motorcycle, and give my wife the 730 for her car.

thank you in advance, just in case I can't respond to any posts as quickly and often as I should

joe

Last edited:
Ad

Advertisements

TomTom Model(s)
Rider V2, OneLE, XXL540TM
I would say if the device is bluetooth, any bluetooth receiver will sync. I used to sync my rider to my Jabra headset. I purchased a bluetooth speaker at one point, but it wasn't fast enough to connect so I was losing part of the text each time. I don't have that specific device so I can't help there.

One of these days I should try to sync my car to it and see if that works. Hey, thanks for the idea!!! ;)

TomTom Model(s)
720, 930, 940, XL, One 3rd
There are many different protocols in use with Bluetooth, in order to use the Audio output feature of the TomTom the speaker/ amp must support A2DP (Stereo audio over Bluetooth) if the speaker/ earphone etc doesn't have A2DP it won't work - Mike

Ad

Advertisements

TomTom Model(s)
GO920
thanks, Ill keep in mind it needs A2DP

***************** on edit: ********

adding the A2DP to the search made the difference, it kinda looks like the one in the youtube video.

Bluetooth 2.0 A2DP AVRCP Stereo Music Receiver and Handsfree (Black) Price: $12.99 free shipping

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.8422

Last edited:

Ask a Question