2405 Microphone

Just bought a 2405tm for my wife. Trying to use the BLUETOOTH option paired with her phone. All seems to work fine however it appears that people cannot hear her loud enough. however, we can hear the caller loud and clear. Is there a way to boost the microphone performance; an adjustment on the unit or phone? or is there an external wired or BLUETOOTH option to correct this?

On pre 2x models, if you made a call on your phone while connected to the tomtom, you'd see a volume control slider that is different from the volume control used to hear the computer or recorded voice FROM the gps.

Perhaps your model does the same thing. Make the call, tap the screen and if you see a volume slider, then slide it to the right to increase the volume.

Volume

I did try that and it appears to increase the speaker volume but nor sure it has any impact on the mic input. I think what is really needed is an external microphone to attach on the visor. Most Bluetooth Phone systems seem to provide this. I'm hoping that Tom Tom will sell an adapter to allow this. The speaker is fine - the mic just needs a boost. Looks like older models allowed for external mics to be attached.

Not even Parrot could get an internal mic to work on their bluetooth car kits and they're the gold standard. I doubt a marketing company could do any better.

Have tried using the TomTom for handsfree and gave up due to low volume and the fact the sound can only be played via the speaker built in to the device.

Next I tried a Parrot and as "Techguy378" has said it wasn't very good in terms of the volume available for the person at the other end of the call.

Finally I settled on a Bluetooth add on kit called iO-Play which simply works even at high speed, sadly this kit seems to be available only in the UK/ Europe but if you can get hold of one I would recommend it 110% - Mike

Found that the ceiling mounted BT hands-free in my Hyundai Santa Fe was superior to all of the other solutions I had tried, so am sticking with that.

Ask a Question