Tom Tom 1 3rd Edition Routing

I have a TT1 3rd Edition and I would like to know if I can plan several stops on this machine. I drive for a living and plan my route for several stops at a time and how would I go about planning my route. I read the manual and can't figure out how to do it, then again, if it can be done. thanks to those who can Help me. Eric:)

I have a TT1 3rd Edition and I would like to know if I can plan several stops on this machine. I drive for a living and plan my route for several stops at a time and how would I go about planning my route. I read the manual and can't figure out how to do it, then again, if it can be done. thanks to those who can Help me. Eric:)
Go to Birdman's site, he has instructions on setting up the Itinerary function on your 3rd edition.
http://home.comcast.net/~spheasant1/TomTom_custom.html

Routing

I did go to Birdman, but I can't figure out what hes demostration. Hey! I'm a rookie on this thing and I don't know what all that giberish is all about:) Anything else to help this old man

Routing

I did go to Birdman, but I can't figure out what hes demostrated. Hey! I'm a rookie on this thing and I don't know what all that giberish is all about:) Anything else to help this old man

I did go to Birdman, but I can't figure out what hes demostrated. Hey! I'm a rookie on this thing and I don't know what all that giberish is all about:) Anything else to help this old man

Welcome aboard! Let's see if I can get ya going here. In order to get the Itinerary planning feature on your TomTom, you'll have to understand basic 'cut and paste' routines using Windows explorer and basic unzipping techniques.

To obtain the "itinerary planning" icon on the 3rd Edition, perform the following:
DETAILS ON MY PAGE >>>HERE<<<
1) Create an /SdkRegistry file on the root folder of your TomTom (the "S" and "R" should be capitalized)
2) UNZIP the TomTom.mnu.zip file I have created >>>HERE<<< and copy the resulting TomTom.mnu file into that /SdkRegistry folder
3) Turn your TomTom OFF and then back ON and you'll have the itinerary planning icon

To use the Itinerary planning icon on your TomTom, follow the instructions in the "Itinerary Planning" Section of the TomTom owner's manual, located >>>HERE<<<

--------------------

If you want what I consider an easier method to actually create the Itinerary than using the small screen on the TomTom, you can use your PC with two programs called "T.Y.R.E." and "Google Maps".

I have a walkthrough >>>HERE<<<

--------------------
By adding the custom menu, you'll notice that you will be missing some of the default icons that came with your TomTom (Like Map Corrections, Help ME!, etc.).

If you want to also have access to these programs, you'll need to install a program that allows you to re-boot the TomTom to the original menu without connecting to a PC.

My instructions for this are >>>HERE<<<

Be sure to read the page that I link to that talks about using this MenuTT program with a custom menu since you are using my custom menu.

Are there Itinerary programs that I can use on my Mac?

I love my TT, but itinerary planning is way too time consuming on it :eek: ... Is there a Mac program out there that will allow me to do my tripping and then add it to my TT? :confused:

Birdman,

I have a Tom Tom One (not LE I guess) that was a gift. Frustrated not having itinerary planning. Installed your icon for that to no avail. Icon shows up but just restarts unit when pressed. Any thoughts?

Vteds (aka Stuart) Brookfield, VT

Do you realize you're responding to a thread that is 16 months old?

Most lower end One models cannot handle Itinerary Planning. The best that you can do is put in 1 way point in a route.

Yes I do realize it's an old thread, but it was on topic and I hoped it might generate a reply, and it did.

Thanks for your input. That is what I thought (one waypoint only) but hoped there might be newer workarounds.

Ask a Question