How to Clear a route

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v2
How to Clear a route

This has to be the most popular question new users of TomTom's GPS units have. I don’t know why TomTom hid this option as it’s probably one of the most looked for and used command. In any case, the option is there and I will show you how to enable it. (46jimbo’s idea for the sticky)

1. Go to Main Menu | Change Preferences

changepreferences.jpg

2. Tap on the option Show ALL menu options

showallmenu.jpg

3. You will get a confirmation message, tap on Continue (After tapping it, you will be thrown back to the main navigation window).

dump52980037.jpg

4. If you want to confirm you did everything right, you can go back to the Main Menu | Change Preferences, the option is now showing Show fewer menu options (You're on the right track if you see this).

showfewermenu.jpg

5. Now the Clear route option should be enabled. Go to Main Menu | Clear route option

clearroute.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice....

...now explain how to put it on the first screen with menu builder and make it a "one push" operation by editing the file.....:D :D :D :D

Just why did they bury this on the third page? The TomTom will get me near enough to home that I can do it with a preferred route especially if I'm towing my camper.

Custom Menus a casualty of Navcore 7 upgrade?

Custom Menus work well for me. I bring the 'Clear Route' option on the first page.

Custom Menus worked well for me while I was using the 6.56 system. Unfortunately, the author can't update the application for Navcore 7 because Tomtom has not agreed to update the SDK. It appears that all of the new icons/functions are NOT supported. Sigh....

Have you had any luck? :confused:

This was not necessary with my new 720.. all menu options were already visible... but would have been very useful info if it was hidden. thanks.

Custom Menus worked well for me while I was using the 6.56 system. Unfortunately, the author can't update the application for Navcore 7 because Tomtom has not agreed to update the SDK. It appears that all of the new icons/functions are NOT supported. Sigh....

Have you had any luck? :confused:

Is this why I am not able to add the Help Me button?
What about Map Corrections? Is that a new function?

Thanks.

This was driving me nuts! My old magellan used the cancel button to stop a route. It was bugging me that I could not cancel a route on the TT. I can now. Thanks!

Clear Route with one click

Did I not see the script on one of the posts where the Clear Route command can be a one click move instead of requiring confirmation? It should be an easy fix to make a small edit to the tomtom.mnu file using notepad, I would think.

Last edited:
Did I not see the script on one of the posts where the Clear Route command can be a one click move instead of requiring confirmation? It should be an easy fix to make a small edit to the tomtom.mnu file using notepad, I would think.

Yes you can have this option at the expense of losing the new NavCore 7 firmware options i.e. Help Me.

Clear 'A' single route??

There are some I would like to delete but the majority of them I want to keep. Does this option clear ALL routes or can you select them one by one?

Thanks!

There are some I would like to delete but the majority of them I want to keep. Does this option clear ALL routes or can you select them one by one?

Thanks!

My understanding is that if you want to save a route, then create it as an Itinerary. You can have more than one (in fact, there are websites where you can download itineraries made by others [they have .itn extensions] -- but they are Euro-centric).

However, you can only have one route as such and, if you clear it, there are no ther routes.

Last edited:
Not sure if people know this, but if you are using a custom menu, you can still access the map corrections through Browse Maps. If you click on the blue dot (no idea what to call it) when you are in the Browse Map mode, there is a Correct Map icon in there, and that works just fine.

My understanding is that if you want to save a route, then create it as an Itinerary. You can have more than one (in fact, there are websites where you can download itineraries made by others [they have .itn extensions] -- but they are Euro-centric).

However, you can only have one route as such and, if you clear it, there are no ther routes.

Buy Routebuddy and you will get this ability.

Easy way to clear route: Tap 'navigate to', choose a destination, as it calculates, hit cancel and voila....you now have all clear on routing. You have to be fast though, if you choose a closeby destination.

I have a ONE XL-S and the Cancel Route option does not seem to exist even when the full menu items are shown. Anyone else see this behaviour? Any ideas?

Ask a Question