A few questions in regards to the GO 730

I've been contemplating getting a GPS device for a few months now and have decided tomtom is the brand for me. Dell is offering a sale on 730s at the price of 369.99 USD and though I really like what I've seen so far I have a few questions.

Selling points:

IQ Routes
Advanced Lane Guidance
Bluetooth hands free calling

Questions:

I've noticed the 720 has an accessory allowing you to connect your ipod with control via the device. What I'm unclear on is why the new, more expensive model doesn't include the same functionality. Is it a trade off situation or is there a solution for ipod integration with the 730 as well?

Is this a good deal? (Price wise compared to say the 720 or 920)

If anyone is from the Columbus, OH area how accurate are the maps in the area?

Lastly, another localized question. How often will the lane guidance system actually take affect and how many stationary images are available in the area?

Thanks in advance for any replies. I would love to order this in the next few days if I decide this is the right gps for me, I've got a trip coming up on the 13th and it would definitely be handy.

I don't have the answers to your questions, but thanks for posting the price.

I'm looking for a 730 also and $369 with free shipping is the best I've seen so far. If I don't see better in a couple days, I may order from Dell.

730 and ipod

The manual I recieved with my 730 tells me I can connect to a TT G0 730. It does ask for a
conectivity kit' which seems to be selling for $30.

The 730 is compatible to use with the iPod. You will need the iPod cable accessory which is sold separately.
You can purchase it from Dell for $24.99 or from ebay for $22.51.

My current dilemma is that I can get a 920 for 70-90 dollars less but I'm just trying to figure out whether it's worth it to go for the 730.

Is IQ Routes/Advanced Lane Guidance/Whatever else worth the money?

I'm looking at 310 total for the 920 and just under 400 for the 730 with tax.

Thanks for the replies though! They are much appreciated.

My current dilemma is that I can get a 920 for 70-90 dollars less but I'm just trying to figure out whether it's worth it to go for the 730.

I'm looking at 310 total for the 920 and just under 400 for the 730 with tax.

Thanks for the replies though! They are much appreciated.

if those two units were your two choices I would defnately get the 920 It has double the storage . You can put the european maps on a sd card and now you have plenty of room for pois voices etc etc. Also the north american maps are much larger and has larger POI on their maps, On the 730 you will alway concerned with getting the smalll north american and canadian maps that are under 2 gigs. Just a pain in the neck. Both units with the updates on tom tom home have the same things in them so they are equal. I just feel its a better unit in general but this is my opinion.

You can put an SD card in the 730 and not "worry" about having the small POI database. Just purchase the NA/MEX map.

The 920 will also have IQroutes and lane guidance just like the 730, if you get the latest maps.

The latest maps are free for 30 days if you purchase a Tomtom new from an authorized vendor. Save your money and get the 920 its a better device. Does everything the 730 does plus more.

I just ordered a Go 730 from Amazon.com for $169.95 with free shipping and a $30.00 rebate.
It is a factory refurbished unit in new condition and will take 7 days to get here,

I hope you have no problem with the LMG but refurbs really are not entitled to them.

Don't tell them you have a refurb. Just say you're having a problem with the LMG. They'll have you scan your receipt and attach it to a case on their website. Took about 3 hours for me to get my latest maps.

Ask a Question