720 - Verizon - TT Traffic - Connected ??

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
Originally got all the extended features working: Traffic,weather, downloads...

Even tho Verizon's not listed as supported, I ran the following directions:

[moto razr v3m]

1. Phone selection - other
2. Carrier selection - other
3. Access point - vzw3g
4. username - (10 digit phone number)@vzw3g.com
5. password - vzw
6. number to dial - #777
7. No scripts

Worked pefectly for one day. Got the icon thangy going and updated along the route I was travelling. Weather also was working.

I've spent time on the phone with Verizon and all above settings are corect.

Has anyone found a solution for Verizon DATA connections ??

Last edited:
:mad: WTF ?? :mad:

So I get stopped , got some dinner and set down to play with me 720.

......... figuring ima gonna git it workin, this time

Now when I push the TRAFFIC button I get :

"This Feature Is Not Supported"

Actually I find this kinda amusing. Still gotta wonder ??

How'd it know to say "not supported" ???

It works right out of the box 1st day.......... then dies and won't make connection......then decides it ain't even supported ?? How's that even possible ??

:mad: WTF ?? :mad:

So I get stopped , got some dinner and set down to play with me 720.

......... figuring ima gonna git it workin, this time

Now when I push the TRAFFIC button I get :

"This Feature Is Not Supported"

Actually I find this kinda amusing. Still gotta wonder ??

How'd it know to say "not supported" ???

It works right out of the box 1st day.......... then dies and won't make connection......then decides it ain't even supported ?? How's that even possible ??
I believe traffic services require subscription with TomTom.

--Phil

I believe traffic services require subscription with TomTom.

--Phil

It's free till TT decides it's fully operational.
[and possibly considering if the content is valuable enuff that folks would actually pay for it?]

Just got home, reset 720 to factory settings. Took a couple attempts but Traffic is once again working. So yes, Verizon is compatible with the 720.....just depends where you are located ????????????? TOO WEIRD !!

If I can keep my Traffic working once I leave home, I can see it could have some real benifits. Being able to get around trouble areas with the advanced map open in traffic.

I just plannned my visit to friends in Pa today....and below you'll see "Screen shots" of this route.

dump1556307524.jpg

dump1556307525.jpg

I get the same thing as you, when there is more than one delay en route the traffic bar doesn't show what it is (you have to use the map view), but when there is only one delay it shows on the traffic bar.

Did you get the free subscription to traffic services? I noticed it's showing road conditions as well, with the RDS-TMC receiver it does not show roadway conditions I noticed.

--Phil

Did you get the free subscription to traffic services? I noticed it's showing road conditions as well, with the RDS-TMC receiver it does not show roadway conditions I noticed.

--Phil

YES , FREE !!!!!

and was told it would continue to be, for quite some time.

Hey, you live about 30 miles from me. I'm in P-ville Twp near Perry. I was browsing and saw your first picture and got a good chuckle on the location. Hope you can get things working. I've got Verizon but the wireless plans for data are way over priced. I think I'm going to move to AT&T in the summer. Data plans are much less expensive there.

If I can keep my Traffic working once I leave home, I can see it could have some real benifits. Being able to get around trouble areas with the advanced map open in traffic.

I just plannned my visit to friends in Pa today....and below you'll see "Screen shots" of this route.

dump1556307524.jpg

Hey, you live about 30 miles from me. I'm in P-ville Twp near Perry. I was browsing and saw your first picture and got a good chuckle on the location. Hope you can get things working. I've got Verizon but the wireless plans for data are way over priced. I think I'm going to move to AT&T in the summer. Data plans are much less expensive there.

Hey Man....

FYI : I don't have a DATA plan with Verizon. Just the plain ole vanilla package. Technically, we're not supposed to be able to connect our devices to the data stream.

The issues i'm having with [inconsistency] connections is that my number is not being recognized as a DATA PLAN user. It'll connect somtimes, but will eventually bump me off once it realizes who I am.

So it's really just a crap-shoot whether or not we can use it.

Hey Man....

FYI : I don't have a DATA plan with Verizon. Just the plain ole vanilla package. Technically, we're not supposed to be able to connect our devices to the data stream.

The issues i'm having with [inconsistency] connections is that my number is not being recognized as a DATA PLAN user. It'll connect somtimes, but will eventually bump me off once it realizes who I am.

have you gone onto howardforums to look into the DUN Hack for the moto? I had to do the hack for my LG and its been fine. However, the first time around, mine too said "not supported" after a little bit. I had to delete the settings and the phone from the TT and tried it again after I did the hack, and its worked just fine.

Hey Man....

Unless you have something special in your plan, like 7a - 7p nights, you might want to change to the new National Plans. Part of those plans is that everyone has pay-as-you-go data where you pay $1.99 per MB or you can get "unlimited" for $15. You should not have to extend your contract to change plans.

From what I've read on the TT site you should use less than 3MB of data for traffic each month. If true pay-as-you-go data is cheeper will be cheeper than a data plan unless you start using other data features. Just make sure you check you data usage to make sure your not going over. If you do call customer service and have them add the data plan and back date it.

Never tell support about connecting the TomTom.

re:

I have a Motorola V3M, with Alltel. I notice I have a problem using my TomTom with data if I had previously plugged it into USB without power cycling it. Could this be your problem?

Where are you guys inputting the info for the weather and traffic? I have an Audiovox ppc 6700 running wm6 and I wanna try too. I connected through bluetooth but when I click on weather it just says this feature is not supported.

Last edited:
Where are you guys inputting the info for the weather and traffic? I have an Audiovox ppc 6700 running wm6 and I wanna try too. I connected through bluetooth but when I click on weather it just says this feature is not supported.
Are you connected with data support or handsfree only? Some devices may connect with handsfree but are not compatible for data services.

--Phil

I guess only hands free but I am trying to figure out how to connect through data services.

All data info - traffic/weather - will only work if phone model & carrier are compatible.

If your particcular phone and/or carrier are not supported ? Then you must enter that info manually. You'll get to the manual screen once the 720 goes through the config sequence screen

My first post shows working inputs for Verizon. My TT - CELL - DATA connection is extremly sporatic. The reason: Verizon does not support the communications/DATA part of TT. I've no clue as to why i'm somtimes able to connect -but- i'm only able to connect aprox 2 outta 10 attempts.

Ask a Question