XXL540 TM Navigation Help.

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 540 TM
Just prchased the TT XXL540TM. Great upgrade from the Omnitech that I was using. My question is: On the Omnitech, I was able to cancel a route vin progress if my plans changed. I have been unable to find a CANCEL Icon on the XXL 540TM. Is it possible? I could not even find a way to delete the present navigation. Of course, the "USER GUIDE/MANUAL" is of little or no help, and could not find any info on the Official Site.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Welcome to TTF.

While you are in drtiving view and navigating to your destination, if you wish to cancel the current route, then tap the middle of the status bar (assuming you have it set for horizontal) and on the next screen, tap 'clear route'.

You're welcome. Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents.

It won't be fast because, in their 'wisdom', TT built in only usb 1.1 compliance in that model, not 2.0; nevertheless, please do it.

Just prchased the TT XXL540TM. Great upgrade from the Omnitech that I was using. My question is: On the Omnitech, I was able to cancel a route vin progress if my plans changed. I have been unable to find a CANCEL Icon on the XXL 540TM. Is it possible? I could not even find a way to delete the present navigation. Of course, the "USER GUIDE/MANUAL" is of little or no help, and could not find any info on the Official Site.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I felt the need to rewrite parts of the manual as a "learning" exercise.
See View folder page 8 - "Clear route".

Ask a Question