XXL 540S Screen Won't Stop Scrolling

OK, this is my third TomTom in two months. None have worked properly. This XXL 540S screen just scrolls rapidly like an old television screen and will not stop. The device does not work. I searched the forums and tried the solutions posted here that worked for others, but they do not work for me. Please help or tell me how I can get a refund since this is the third defective device I have gotten from TomTom.

Also, when I restart and try to update or reinstall applications, I am asked to link this new device to my TomTom account. I choose to do that and am told "Error when contacting server: You cannot change your device code at this time. Your device code can only be changed once every six months. Please contact Customer Support if you require any assistance.".

I am at a loss here and just want this to be over. I want a refund from TomTom since this has been two months and I can no longer return to the retailer. I'm done.

Register it with a different email address than used for a prior unit. Doen't even have to be a real email address, just in the proper (e-mail address removed) format.

That really doesn't do me much good. You see, I originally purchased a TomTom with lifetime maps and that code is assigned to my account with the email address in my TomTom Home. When that defective unit was returned, TomTom (for some reason they won't explain) sent me a XXL 540 S back instead of the lifetime maps model. I was told that wasn't an issue as long as I USED THE SAME EMAIL ADDRESS AS THE ORIGINAL DEVICE. Well, device 2 they sent me didn't work either, so they sent me a third one. Guess what? That one doesn't work either (see my original post above on the scrolling problem, which is much more important here than my email address). So, now I can't return the device to the retailer because TomTom chose to send me a different model to replace the original defective one and the retailer won't accept it. And, I can't get the third one to work. I am stuck. Can't return it to the store and can't get this to work. Seriously, I have never seen such a lousy product. All I want is for this to work and I have spent hours of my time over the three different defective units to try to get it to work. If anyone at TomTom is reading this, just contact me to arrange payment for my original expense so we can be done with this whole mess because sending this back for a fourth device is really not something I want to pursue.

Two things:

To fix the scrolling: Try the steps here.

To get HOME to permit your email transfer to the new device, you need to call Tomtom phone support, so that they can correct it on their servers and transfer your map subscription.

Ask a Question