xl-s memory full

TomTom Model(s)
xl-s
Tried to update my xl-s today. Error message said not enough memory. Need to delete xxklbs. How do you delete from memory. Also, how do you determine what to delete? Just purchased this one in July 08. Do not know enough about computers yet to know all about this. Any help appreciated.

The very first thing I did when I got my XL-S was to backup the whole content with WinRAR so that I would have a good backup in the event I screwed up. I also put the whole content on a DVD just to make sure I had a spare backup if my HD called it quits...

My first deletion was the Guam map. I seriously doubt I will ever go there. I also have it backed up so no problem. I also removed the Home installation folder. Then I bought a 4GB SDHC card and have been using it since. I also keep the internal memory updated for the possibility my SD card would call it quits. The SDHC card content is also backed up on my hd and a DVD...

As for the Home backup, I've never used it and don't recommend it.

Ask a Question