XL Live locked at password

TomTom Model(s)
XL LIVE IQ Routes Edition
My XL LIVE is locked at the password. I entered the password and the device stops there and will not go any further. I have tried a couple of times making sure I am using the correct password. I set the password a couple of weeks ago and it had been working OK. Have also held the on/off button down on swithch on to reset the devise but this does not work, (do not get the “drum beat”).
Can anyone help?

Here's the problem........

We don't know you (this is your first post) and, as a consequence, will not provide any information in a public forum as to how to undo the lock on a device.

Be clear: I am NOT necessarily inferring anything here about your situation, just want you to understand and appreciate our situation in the matter.

Call CS at: 0845 161 0009 or 020 7387 5444 and they will advise ......

Hi dhn, i have a similar problem my brother has my 1005 world in Miami and gave me hisXL live as a substitute. I have the password but it will not do anything when the code is entered. I appreciate your concerns that this could be stolen and understand if the answer is the same.
Regards Dave.

Sorted, hold down on/off button 15 secs reboot and back to normal works fine, must have locked itself.

Thank you it worked

Sorted, hold down on/off button 15 secs reboot and back to normal works fine, must have locked itself.

bald biker, its a bit late I know, my apologies for not thanking you for this advice, it worked. But it was some time before i tried it.

I received a message from the forum moderator saying they would not help with unlocking a device, which I understand. Having had other problems with my TomTom I was giving up on it and used my wife’s Garmin for some time, (the Garmin was good, far more reliable than my TomTom), but she wanted it back! So I looked again at the forum found your reply and it worked.

So started using it again, still keeps locking up, taking ages to acquire satellites, facilities disappeared and live services often not working, - now they dont work at all. Unfortunately my own personal experience of both the TomTom unit and the company is such that I think I may get a Garmin

Ask a Question