Worn turn on, just get tomtom sound.

This is a One 3rd Edition.
Just get TomTom sound when I turn it on. I loaded latest vers of tomtom home and thats when problem started. Tried to reformat and load from a backup on sd card but it wont let me format gps. Now when I connect to pc I get a msg to format but it wont format. In other words I cant do anything at this point. I have tried the flash tool also to clear mem.
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
This is a One 3rd Edition.
Just get TomTom sound when I turn it on. I loaded latest vers of tomtom home and thats when problem started. Tried to reformat and load from a backup on sd card but it wont let me format gps. Now when I connect to pc I get a msg to format but it wont format. In other words I cant do anything at this point. I have tried the flash tool also to clear mem.
Any help would be appreciated.

I assume 3rd edition has a reset botton that you can access with a paper clip. Have you tried that?

Yes I have pressed reset...I think the op system and maps need to be reloaded somehow but I am not able to do it.
Thanks

Yes I have pressed reset...I think the op system and maps need to be reloaded somehow but I am not able to do it.
Thanks

Try this: Reformat the SD card. Using Windows Explorer, copy your entire backup (including system files) to the sd card. Insert the sd card into the unit. Start up the unit. Now, try the reset with the paperclip.

This unit doesn't have an sd slot. Its the one 3rd edition.

Sorry, got confused by your talk of a sd card.

Well, since you have a backup, use Explorer to delete everything from the unit. Now, can you copy everything back to the unit from the backup using Explorer? If so, try the reset now.

Last I tried when I plugged in to pc and tried to format the gps to re load it would not let me reformat so that is where I am stuck. Somehow I think I should have tried to backup from tomtom home program and not just as another drive but I dont know what to do at this point except to call teck sup on mon, unless you have any other ideas, I have tried as much as I can so thats what made me go to the forums, I do thank you all for helping.

But can you use Explorer to copy the backup anyway?

If not, what do you mean "it will not let me"? What happens?

Well I have a back up on an sd that i copied and pasted from the gps memory when it was working ok. This unit does not have an sd slot.
When I use explorer to try to copy to gps it wouldnt let me do it so I tried to format the gps to clear it out. So then it would not complete the format and now when I hook up to pc it just says do you want to format but it will not do it and I cant get any further. I do believe my backup is good just cant get it to copy to tomtom one 3rd edition which for some reason they made it without an sd slot as most others.
Thanks for being patient with my slow replys..working on another project for a monday deadline.

Well I have a back up on an sd that i copied and pasted from the gps memory when it was working ok. This unit does not have an sd slot.
When I use explorer to try to copy to gps it wouldnt let me do it so I tried to format the gps to clear it out. So then it would not complete the format and now when I hook up to pc it just says do you want to format but it will not do it and I cant get any further. I do believe my backup is good just cant get it to copy to tomtom one 3rd edition which for some reason they made it without an sd slot as most others.
Thanks for being patient with my slow replys..working on another project for a monday deadline.

Did you try saying NO to the format on the PC? and then once the PC is done recognizing the unit, go into Windows Explorer and right click on the TomTom drive. In the menu that pops up, choose FORMAT. In the new window, choose FAT (not FAT32) and try again.

You are going to need a good formatted internal memory to be able to copy over the contents you have on the backup SD card.

That sounds like a great idea, no I didnt try the fat32, so maybe that will work. Will try right now and get back...thanks

I did log in to TTHome earlier and downloaded that quick fix and several others but no luck after rebooting several times and a reset try also.
Something must be missing still.

I did log in to TTHome earlier and downloaded that quick fix and several others but no luck after rebooting several times and a reset try also.
Something must be missing still.[/QUOTE

Unit is working fine now....found a file in the op system that didnt transfer....now its booting ok and picks up signal ok.

One problem I still have is I found a web site poifriend.com downloaded home depot and lowes poi files...the icon and the ov files and insterted them into map folder...the icons show up on the maps but I cant seem to find them in a search?????
Thanks for all the help..I am not a newbee anymore!!!!!

One problem I still have is I found a web site poifriend.com downloaded home depot and lowes poi files...the icon and the ov files and insterted them into map folder...the icons show up on the maps but I cant seem to find them in a search?????
Thanks for all the help..I am not a newbee anymore!!!!!

If you named the .ov2 file and the .bmp file EXACTLY the same and placed both in the NA map folder (or the USA & Canada map folder, depending), then you should see the poi's when you click on 'manage poi's' and scroll to Lowes.

Yes, I do see them in the poi list so it should be ok now....I think I had some problem with that before I did the reformat, so now all should be well...do thank you much for you help. All is well now...will be heading the Myrtle Beach next week for the 3 rd week of this trip so we will see how it goes. I have already put in my hotel we will be at there. 70 degress here on Hilton Head SC today!!!

Ask a Question