wireless data with go 910 and cingular at&t treo 680

Yesterday, I got the wireless data working with my cingular treo 680 and go 910, but today it stopped working. Yesterday, I was able to see traffic, check weather, download updates, voices, basically everything that plus services offer.

today it won't connect the wireless data with my treo 680.

on the tomtom, I chose "other" for my phone, and "cingular media works" for the connection. it worked yesterday for a few hours, but today it won't connect. the other bluetooth options work, like handsfree calling, and phonebook. but the wireless data won't connect.

I have a feeling that cingular is crippling the bluetooth dun. I think that charge and extra 20 dollars a month for a plan that lets you tether. has anybody been able to get their cingular at&t treo to use wireless data in the usa?

The wireless connections can be finicky. You may simply have to power down both devices, the repower them up. Repower your phone first letting it fully boot with bluetooth active, then power up your TT. You may have to do this a couple times for it to work.

I'm not sure if Cingular charges an additional fee for tethering (I KNOW the Verizon beast does), but it seems that if that were the issue you would have never been able to connect. I do know that Cingulars data plans are kinda tricky so maybe you were able to connect shortly only to be clipped.

For info about Cingular's data/tethering rapeage and possible workarounds check here: Cingular's Convoluted Data Plans

Yeah - I finally got my 680 working with my 910 for plus services. I'd recommend setting the treo 'discoverable' before connecting as well, it just seems to work better that way (though it still sometimes takes a couple of tries to get a modem connection).

Now I need to get my traffic trial reset and I'm all set!

Has anyone with a treo 680 on cingular tried the firmware update yet? I might give it a go over the weekend if it looks like it's worth it... :)

Last edited:
I have the same problem with my Cingular 8125. I just have the 910 connect to a new phone. Then it reconnects to the phone.

Treo 680 won't pair after update

I just updated my Treo 680 with the Treo680-1.12 software and now it won't pair with my TT720. It goes through the motions and I enter 0000 as the pairing code but it just repeats the request four times and then TT gives up.

I've tried deleting the phone from the TT, I've cycled the power on both devices, I've done a reset on the TT even though it appears to be a Treo problem.

Any techie types have suggestions? And yes, this did work BEFORE the Treo update. :)

Chatted with Palm (lack-of) support this morning and they said I had to call TomTom to fix the Palm bluetooth problem... :( Multi-vendor problems are never fun.

Last edited:

Ask a Question