Winnipeg Maps

I have just bouht my TomTom 3rd Edition and i am a litlle upset.
I used to have Garmin until yetserday when i traded in for my new TomTom.
But my Garmin had my address onits maps but the TomTom does not,
So my question is how up to date are the maps.
Mine says it is up to date but my street does not exsist in the TomTom world.
The street by the way is only 5 years old.
CAn anyone one help?

Which map version do you have? If not v7.20, it is not the most recent and came out earlier this month. OTOH, it is still possible your street may not be on the newest map... You would need to ask here with your city and street name and someone could check it.

Nope, mine doesnt show it

what part of town is that in?

pretty new area?

Dont feel bad, my pal has a new Garmin, and his street isnt on it, but it is on my TT.

Cheers

I have just bouht my TomTom 3rd Edition and i am a litlle upset.
I used to have Garmin until yetserday when i traded in for my new TomTom.
But my Garmin had my address onits maps but the TomTom does not,
So my question is how up to date are the maps.
Mine says it is up to date but my street does not exsist in the TomTom world.
The street by the way is only 5 years old.
CAn anyone one help?
The maps are more accurate in some areas, and less accurate in others...

Unfortunately, the US/canada maps, no matter the version number are not that great for use in Canada.

Tomtom has a good overall map, the North American versions, but in order to fit on the one gig internal memory of many units, these maps are cut down in size and detail and IMHO canadian areas suffer when this is done.

I don't think your third edition has an sd card slot?...so my info is not going to help you. sadly, that's how it is. :(

Unfortunately, the US/canada maps, no matter the version number are not that great for use in Canada.

Tomtom has a good overall map, the North American versions, but in order to fit on the one gig internal memory of many units, these maps are cut down in size and detail and IMHO canadian areas suffer when this is done.

I don't think your third edition has an sd card slot?...so my info is not going to help you. sadly, that's how it is. :(
The NA maps can no longer be used on a ONE, and the third edition doesn't have an SD slot

If you're referring to the road you can see by typing the following into google maps:

Westwater Dr, winnipeg, canada

Then yes, it is on the latest map.

Since your tomtom is new (I assume less than 30 days old), you should be able to download the latest map for free. It is version 825, and should have the road.

To check your current version click the satellite bars on the lower right, then on the next screen click on the version button. There is numbers after "map" that represent the version number.

Plug the tomtom into your ocmputer and install the software at this link and it will upgrade your map for free.

Last edited:
Here is what I have on my TOMTOM ONE third edition..

I just had an update from mapshare

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 270

Ask a Question