Will RDS Receiver work with my device?

Miami Beach FL, New York NY and London UK
TomTom Model(s)
Android apps.
I recently bought a Start 25 Special Edition with Lifetime maps of Western Europe and see adverts for accessory RDS traffic receivers. Nothing with my product mentions any traffic capability. Will the RDS accessory receiver charging lead work with my device or are only certain Start 25 devices compatible with the RDS receivers?

In North America, whenever there is a SE (Special Edition) version of a model, it is usually done so for a sole retailer like Walmart or Radio Shack. Often, these SE models have somewhat reduced functionality (so the retailer can sell them at a reduced cost).

This reduced functionality is normally in the software though I seem to remember a model where the hardware itself had cheaper parts in it.

All that said, while I don't know where you bought the SE version, I wouldn't think that cutting out the traffic functionality would be done.

BUT I DON'T KNOW FOR SURE.

Where did you get your model and is there a specifications link for it?

Thanks for the comments and this is the device that I bought:
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_895505_langId_-1_categoryId_165685

But after you suggested it I looked even harder and now find:

RDS-TMC TRAFFIC RECEIVER

This TomTom device is compatible with our TMC Traffic Receivers, so your routing can be optimised for the traffic ahead.

So the question had already been answered. Thanks again.

Just so you know....... if you get a map of USA for the unit, the rds-tmc traffic will also work in the States.

Ask a Question