Tom Tome HomebStates Device isn't supported, even though I have RDS-TMC receiver

Hello everyone,

I'm new to Tom Tom, and am glad to be a member of this Forum!
I got one, after selling an LG Navigation Device, which while nice (was gifted to me), and I hated it as it was a mess. Anyway, my TomTom 720 has yet to steer me wrong!

Herte is my problem
When I bought the Tom Tom 720 Go, I also purchased a RDS-TMC receiver with 1 year of service, and bought one year through Tom Tom Home, while logged into my account.(before I updated to the newer version, I was able to access Traffic, now I cannot with Ver 2.7

(I guess I have 2 year hopefully!)

----------------
Now playing: Steely Dan - Aja
via FoxyTunes I would have thought they would have activated the traffic services for me. Was I wrong to think that?

So, since I have had this, I have been unable to get any kind of Traffic services. HOME 2. states my device is not supported. I have put in an email, request for support, as I'm quite busy fixing PC's during the days, Mon-sat
and haven't had the time to contact them via telephone. My first question, seemed to go unanswered, so if I don't hear from them within 2 business days, I will have to make time to call, & eat lunch on the phone with them

Does anyone know why my Tom Tom refuses to recognize that an RDS receiver has been connected to it?
I tried connecting my tom tom to the docking station, after connecting the RDS to the docking station, and plugging the Tom Tom 720 into that. It connect to the Home application, but as soon as I updated, it wouldn't let me into the Traffic section again, giving me that "your Device isn not supported"
Error(from my perspective)

I had hoped it would all go together seamlessly, however it has not been easy(being a noob to Tom Tom) My LG navigator, had no kinds of services, but a recent move., back to the Philly Metro area, has me needing
Traffic Services, so I can avoid routes that would deay me, due to accidents, construction etc.

Any assistance, would be greatly appreciated. I have my Tom Tom personalized with a car, and a special female Voice, so it seems so mine!

Kind regards,

John connor

----------------
Now playing: Steely Dan - Deacon Blues
via FoxyTunes

----------------
Now playing: Steely Dan - Black Cow
via FoxyTunes

----------------
Now playing: Steely Dan - Hey Nineteen
via FoxyTunes

Welcome to TTF.

First a request......can you dump the links to Steely-Dan, please? While I like the group as much as anyone, the links are hardly relevant or appropriate here.

Anyway...............do a pin reset on your unit and try again.

If that doesn't help, try uninstalling the newest Home application and re-installing, If still a no-go, make an Explorer, not Home backup and then go here and, at the bottom of the page, right side, is a link to Home 2.64. Select and install that and see if you have traffic back.

If still not successful, I urge you to find a few minutes to call support at 866-486-6866. Emailing is not nearly as effective.

Ask a Question