Will not turn On

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
After having it on home charger I went to turn tomtom rider 2 on and the screen flashed and now it will not turn on at all, I brought the battery in for testing and it is fine what would be the next step to try? I also held the reset in for aboput 30 seconds with it plugged into charger and nothing, the computer or usb port will not turn it on is there a fuse on the other side of the board to check?
Thanks for any help
MikeU

if there's a fuse it will only be a tiny surface-mount chip soldered to the PCB (i.e. not easily replaced).

IF it has died through the charger going over-voltage, then that usually fries a zener diode on the PCB (also not a simple matter to replace).

Are you able to check the output of the Home charger with a voltmeter? It should be 5V.

The charger has 5 volts output, tried the computer usb to charge and it still will not turn on, I am stumped

Today it started when I pushed the button, don't know what happen and probly will never know but it works for now, Andy_P thanks for the help

Ask a Question