why would it want me to turn???

TomTom Model(s)
one v3
I don't understand why it would tell me to turn when I'm on the road that takes me home.

this 1v3 wanted me to go 3 miles out of the way and double back, when the street I was on would take me home the fastest most direct route. it keep telling me to go to either west or east of the road that I was on when that road intersects with the road I live on. (on the corner of the 2 main roads)

is this tomtom defective? I just got it for xmas and used it on a road trip yesterday and I'm just very disappointed. my bros gramin worked just fine to get him to my place. it didn't try to redirect so now I'm a lil fustrated.

Hi dub,

First thing I would do is check to see if you have enabled any avoidances (such as u-turns, etc.) Also, do you have the latest map? Then I would say these GPS units (including Garmin) aren't perfect, but they will get you from A to B. In my hometown, my Tomtom sometimes doesn't choose the routes that I KNOW are shortest and/or fastest, but it DOES get me there. :)

its got the latest maps 7.163. the thing that gets me is that I could see (from the top of the hill.) my place it was a straight shot and tomtom wanted me to take every other rd except for the one I was on that it navigated me to. it's not like this is a new neighborhood, it's the 3 largest city in IL it seems that it wants me to take state route rds. (ie.rt31,rt25)

how do I check to see if I have enabled any avoidances? I don't think I did.

Grand Parkway, Katy,TX

i had something similar yesterday. it too onto rte 99 aka grand parkway and without telling me i need to get into the feeder lane to make a right turn that would need a dukes of hazzard ramp to pull off. wisely ignored and ozzy[my TT voice] got a little pissy at me but we made it safely in the end.

You will ocassionally see some strange things with any GPS unit. My 910 had me get off an interstate, cross the service road, and get back on the same interstate. It has indicated I was approaching a change in roads only to have me continue. They are certainly perfect but must be 99++. Locally I find I usually know a "shortcut" but it will get me where I am going.

It may also be the coordinates of the address you are navigating to. What I mean is, I was going to Sam's the other day. When I got to a red light, I would CLEARLY need to just turn left into the Sam's parking lot and be there. The TT told me to go straight, then make a u-turn, THEN turn into the parking lot. I could see on my map that the location of the POI was indeed a little further down the road, so to the TT it made sense to keep going straight and do the u-turn.

Is this your home address? I wonder if you marked it as home using gps position if you would have the same results?

Ask a Question