why have navigate to option and plan route A to B option

Can someone please direct me to a thread that they have seen that explains the difference in these two option i have tomtom one LE and these menu options seem to do the same thing.can someone explain the difference in the two menu options.is there any difference in the two? the only difference i can see is that it ask you depart from and end destination.on plan route a to b

I can't find the thread discussing this. Navigation systems by default will use ones current position as departure point, so in short, Navigate to... = navigating to a destination from current position whereas Prepare route (A to B) = navigating to a destination from a departure point other than the current position. I use this function a lot so I would know before hand how long it will take me to drive from an airport to client or hotel.

Exactly what zerimar said.

The Navigate option uses your current position as the starting point to your destination.

The Plan A to B option allows you to choose both your starting point and destination. Its really more of just giving you an idea of how long and the route your device will take.

If the GPS unit doesn't currently have a location fix (because it's just been turned on or the unit is indoors), then the "Navigate to..." feature won't work. It'll let you enter a destination, but it'll then sit at the route computation screen waiting for the GPS to get a satellite lock.

With the "Plan A to B" (or "Advanced planning") option, you can specify any starting location manually.

Tom

Ask a Question