Why do turn arrows change colour?

I have a new for Christmas XXL 550TM. It is not my first PND, and operation is mostly pretty obvious. I do have one newbie question though.

The turn arrows overlaid on the planned route are mostly red, but sometimes yellow and I may perhaps even have seen a green one once. What does the colour of the arrows indicate?

Last edited:
Are you talking about the Reality View screen that pops up now and then when you are on highways? If so, I think (not sure) it's an indication when you take the lanes whether you need to reduce speed (yellow) or maintain speed (green).

Thanks for replying.

I am talking about the regular 2d or 3d view of the route as you are driving.
See the image below the yellow arrow was red earlier this morning. This image also shows an east pointing red arrow just before the turn south.

yellow.jpg

Last edited:
The red arrow is normal and is just showing you the direction of the route you'll be taking.

I really am not 100% sure of the meaning of the (apparent) changing colour of the yellow arrow.

Turn arrows change color as you approach and pass over them... not sure exactly WHY they change color... same reason your route path changes color between what's in front of you and what's behind you... so you know where you were prior? In case you lost consciousness for a moment I suppose.

Someone may have a far better explanation, but all in all it's completely normal for TT's.

Ask a Question