Who knows about...."Advanced lane Guidance"

TomTom Model(s)
Tom Tom 1 LE
I was reading my latest TT news letter and they talked about Advanced lane Guidance, looks great... Does anyone know if this will be available to every TT platform or what?

Thanks,

Jim

I was reading my latest TT news letter and they talked about Advanced lane Guidance, looks great... Does anyone know if this will be available to every TT platform or what?

Thanks,

Jim
My guess it it will only be offered with the newest units. Why in the world would Tom Tom give to us for free?:rolleyes:

Smokiewolf, did they say when the upgrade will be available? i saw that they are advertising the new 730 and 930 on thier website already

We need to remember that the advanced lane guidance as well as IQ routing will require new maps and those will surely not be free! It is another way to entice us to buy new maps.,, Of course, I don't expect us to get new functionality without paying for it but just to dispell the impression the whole thing would be available for free with only a firmware upgrade.

What I really wonder is how much more space will be required to have those new features? The ONE models are already rather cramped for space.

We need to remember that the advanced lane guidance as well as IQ routing will require new maps and those will surely not be free! It is another way to entice us to buy new maps.,, Of course, I don't expect us to get new functionality without paying for it but just to dispell the impression the whole thing would be available for free with only a firmware upgrade.

What I really wonder is how much more space will be required to have those new features? The ONE models are already rather cramped for space.

The TT support girl I spoke with yesterday said that the 7.10 up is already supported with both IQ and Lane Guidance

The TT support girl I spoke with yesterday said that the 7.10 up is already supported with both IQ and Lane Guidance

I don't rely much credence to most support people as it is known that they often give erroneous information. I know a few people have been beta testers for these features here.

From the little I've read, there is a need for both software and map data for those features to work. The lane guidance is supposed to be localized in the sense it would be like a map overlay specific to where you are as opposed to a general set of lane pictures that would cover most situations akin to the 50 or so basic sentences that apply to spoken instructions. The daily traffic data for each highway is something that, in my mind, would take quite a bit of space. How much more is unknown to me and have not seen any information about it.

Ask a Question