Searching for GPS signal Advanced Help

TomTom Model(s)
Hello, I love my 920 & have kept it alive for sometime now, however it may now have the best of me. I replaced the mini USB connector and when starting it up it was connected to the computer as the battery was dead, I updated my maps before actually checking the unit for a GPS signal. Now I cannot get a GPS signal:(
- I have tried, resetting via the "pin" reset.
- I have tried GPSQuickfix
- I have tried clear cache.
- I have reset factory setting.
- I have emptied the device and Home Ephamaris folders.
- I have deleted the application and restored.
- I have opened it up and ensured the black wire which I presume is the antenna, has a good contact.
- I have starred at it for hours trying to use the power of my mind, but that didn't work either. In fact that has never worked on anything I have tried :)

I am suspecting I have disturbed the antenna and not reassembled it correctly or have lost a connection on one the connectors. Anyone with suggestions?:confused:
Ron

When you click on the bottom right of the status bar, the next screen shows the version number of the application AND on the top right the satellite status, if I remember. If you click there, does the following screen show a rotating yellow and black disk?

(I may have the sequence of screen presses incorrect as I don't have a similar device here right now but I think you'll find what I'm referring to)

Please answer dhn's "rotating" question first.

Did you happen to power the unit up (even if attached to the PC) to check to see if you could obtain a GPS lock on the device before replacing the connector and all the rest?

Ask a Question