• TomTom GO 930

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • TomTom GO 730

Votes: 9 3.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointed at xxl 540 tm

Well, I got myself the above for my Christmas gift and I very disappointed with it. It's not very intuitive for me and my family member's android phones do a better search for POIs.

I keep getting the error message about how the maps has not been updated for 20 weeks. I saw threads about how users were instructed to ignore this. Seems like lousy customer service don't you think?

The device has gotten me into trouble driving in DC and the Virginia area. It has caused me to take many wrong turns.

There are several gpsfix fiiles in my pc now. It does not readily indicate which of them is the latest. Intuitively, I assume I should delete all except the latest one. Should the app prompt the user on this?

Overall, my experience with this device is disappointing.

Welcome to TTF.

What model do you have and did you update to the latest (860) map??

Also, make an Explorer, not Home, backup, of your unit's contents.

Yes, you can delete all the 'stale dated' sub folders in the ephemeris folder on your unit.

dhn -

Just realizing that the "poll" above is very dated, and reflects responses from long ago and that pre-date many of the "newer" models.

Am wondering if you'd be interested locking this one down as "historical" and in starting two new polls to freshen things a bit -- one for U.S. users and one for European users (we don't have access to the same models).

Have no problem locking it but the concern with a poll is that there are sooooooooo many models available now, both current and still used, in both North America and Europe.

I suppose 'Other' is a viable choice. :)

I'll lock this one now and see about setting up two new ones tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question