Which models use TomTom Home

TomTom Model(s)
4EN52
I have got a TomTom start but very sad that it won't use the TomTom Home software. I am looking out to replace it but need to know what models use TomTom home. I am thinking of Via or TomTom Go. Any advice would be great. I used to have a OneXL and that was great on Home.:confused:

Many thanks for your help Now to decide which is best to buy. I need lane guidance, IQ routes and to be able to load in Caravan Club sites which I can do with Tom Tom Home.:)

There are some definite advantages to using devices compatible with Home, including making backups and navigating with Itineraries. However Advanced Lane Guidance, IQ Routes and adding custom POIs are not unique to Home devices. The availability to Lifetime maps may well steer you to a NAV3 MyTomTom device and away from a NAV2 Home type.

. . .The availability to Lifetime maps may well steer you to a NAV3 MyTomTom device and away from a NAV2 Home type.

tgold, I'm not sure what you mean about Lifetime maps not available for NAV2 Home type? Several weeks ago I purchased a (new) XL340 with Lifetime maps . . .

Many thanks for your help Now to decide which is best to buy. I need lane guidance, IQ routes and to be able to load in Caravan Club sites which I can do with Tom Tom Home.:)

You'll have trouble finding anything except old stock or secondhand. None of the models currently on sale in the UK use Home.

But what exactly is your issue with MyTomTom? You can still add POIs, custom car cursors, map colour schemes, warning sounds, recorded voices etc. to the MyTT models.

There are a few places still selling the TT XL/XXL which use TT Home. None of them come with Lifetime Maps though. Also the XXL (the only one I've looked at) comes with only 2GB of memory (& no SD card slot) so, when you update it for the first time, the EU maps are too big and you have to load them as regions from a PC rather than having the whole map loaded.

@Parsley
That is correct. The only XXL that ever came out with 4GB of memory was one version of the the XXL540 (serial numbers RZxxxxxxxx). And none of them came with an SD or uSD card slot to add more memory. So at this point, you gain whatever advantage might be had in an older device, but lose the option of lifetime maps and there will never be enough memory to hold Europe except in pieces at a time.

Ask a Question