which map is in tom tom xls

i am thinking of buying tom tom xls off e-bay could someone tell me which map is in it now and how outdated it is. thanks

The USA and Canada map (which is NOT the North America map) is on the unit. The NA map is more detailed.

AS to your question about how outdated it is ......uh, exactly how do you think anyone might know that? :eek:

which map is in xls

what is na map and i am new to tom tom and was just wondering if map in it was enough for general use

which map in xls

i guess i should of asked which map version is in xls, please reply i am stuck between getting tt xls and garmin streetpilot 550 and am leaning towards tt xls but streetpilot has new maps

If you can email the seller, perhaps you can ascertain the version number of the map. It's found by tapping the satellite bars on the screen which gives you the FIRMWARE version installed and then tapping the version number and the next screen gives you the map installed and the version number.

The North America map is more detailed than the USA and Canada map, but there are many with the USA & Canada map getting along just fine.

Having said that, getting new maps for free is a compelling argument.

i am thinking of buying tom tom xls off e-bay could someone tell me which map is in it now and how outdated it is. thanks

The standard map for the XL-S would be the USA and Canada map which is common to all ONE models that have 1GB of internal memory. The XL-S was introduced at the end of October 2007 and I could not guess which version would be on that particular one on eBay. TT issues new maps about 4 times a year. _IF_ that eBay seller is an approved TT dealer, you could be entitled to the latest map within 30 days of your purchase for free. The latest map just came out a couple of weeks ago and is version 8.15. I guess you could call TT tech support to make sure this seller is an approved dealer which would ensure you are entitled to the latest map guarantee...

Good luck!

Last edited:

Ask a Question