What Makes a Phone Compatible?

General question - what criteria does TT utilize to determine if a particular phone model is "compatible". I use a T-Mobile Blackberry Curve 8320 which is not on the "approved" list, but works just fine with hands-free calling and wireless data nevertheless. If I can get it to work by inputting manual settings, why is it not considered compatible with my GO730? :confused:

TT only lists those the company has actually tested. As you show, there are other phones -- not tested -- that pair up partially or totally.

What makes a phone compatible is how it is set up for bluetooth connections and hands-free, and if it can connect with a data link - plus the data plan you have with your phone carrier..

As dhn said, only a limited number of phone are shown on TomTom's list. If you can make a data connection with you phone, chances are it will work with your TomTom.

Note - in cases like T-Mobile, where they have locked out 3G devices from being able to tether with their server - data connections with TomTom devices are also locked out - TomTom setup wizard will indicate that data services are not available and stop there - no manual settings option.

Ask a Question