Western Europe Map vs. Individual Country Map

I have a TomTom One LE with U.S. maps and I'll be traveling to Spain in March so I was going to purchase a map to use while I'm there. It looks like if you go through the TomTom Home software to purchase the maps the prices are not too bad (e.g. 39.95 euros for a map of Spain or 49.95 for a map of Western Europe). My question is this: is the individual map of Spain any different (i.e. better) than the map of Spain contained within the Western Europe map download or are they identical? If they are identical then I guess the Europe map would be the better value, but I want to make sure that I wouldn't be getting a less helpful map of Spain if I go this route (no pun intended). Thanks.

I will also be doing a similar trip to Finland, and am curious about the same question. Does anyone know if the Western Europe map provides less detailed information about inner city and POIs?

We may want to reference this post in a less specific forum because it is applicable to more than just the TomTom ONE (I have a 720).

I spoke to TomTom customer service about this and the rep told me that as far as she knew the maps were the same. While I assumed that this was the case and while it makes sense to me I must say she didn't seem entirely sure about this. I wouldn't mind confirmation from another source.

I spoke to TomTom customer service about this and the rep told me that as far as she knew the maps were the same. While I assumed that this was the case and while it makes sense to me I must say she didn't seem entirely sure about this. I wouldn't mind confirmation from another source.

I would suggest joining this TomTom forum site located in England:http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/

Users there are always dealing with the issue of country specific maps vs. a collective one like 'Western Europe'. Somebody there should be able to confirm.

Last edited:
good luck with your map

I have a TomTom One LE with U.S. maps and I'll be traveling to Spain in March so I was going to purchase a map to use while I'm there. It looks like if you go through the TomTom Home software to purchase the maps the prices are not too bad (e.g. 39.95 euros for a map of Spain or 49.95 for a map of Western Europe). My question is this: is the individual map of Spain any different (i.e. better) than the map of Spain contained within the Western Europe map download or are they identical? If they are identical then I guess the Europe map would be the better value, but I want to make sure that I wouldn't be getting a less helpful map of Spain if I go this route (no pun intended). Thanks.

I can not get the Western European map to load on my 720, so good luck to you. If you get it to work, let me know what you did.
Thx,
Joey

I can not get the Western European map to load on my 720, so good luck to you. If you get it to work, let me know what you did.
Thx,
Joey

How have you tried to install it? I would think, with a 720, if you've kept the NA in core memory, then you'd need to switch storage devices (via TTHome) to an installed sd card.

Or, am I telling you something you already know?

SD card

How have you tried to install it? I would think, with a 720, if you've kept the NA in core memory, then you'd need to switch storage devices (via TTHome) to an installed sd card.

Or, am I telling you something you already know?

Yes, NA is in core memory and get the choice when I open Home to use either internal memory or the SD card.
joey

Ask a Question