Welsh speed limit reduction

If the signs are not in place Tomtom cannot guess at the speed you should be driving.

Additionally in the User Manual it is written:

It is your responsibility to exercise judgment, caution and attention
You are responsible for complying with laws that limit or prohibit the use of cell phones or other electronic devices, such as the requirement to use hands-free options to make calls while driving. Always respect the laws and road signs in force, in particular those relating to the dimensions, weight and type of payload of your vehicle. TomTom does not guarantee the error-free operation of this device or the accuracy of the route suggestions provided and will not be liable for any penalties arising from your failure to comply with applicable laws and regulations.

I've just updated my TomTom satnav and still no Wales 20mph updates and now they are going to enforce the limits with limited or missing signs
I updated my satnav on Saturday and used it on Sunday. The 30 mph zones I drove through last week now show as 20. This is in the Neath Port Talbot area of Wales.

@raesewell

If only it were that clear cut! It is a problem because the speed reduction is not consistent and clearly you've not read previous comments. Press information might give the impression that 30 has been blanket reduced to 20mph ... but the reality is this is an over simplistic statement.

Roads that were 30 are now sometimes 20 and sometimes no change at all. Similarly, 40mph limits are now sometimes 40, 30 or even 20mph. There is no consistency at all ... motorists from outside the area would not understand the complexities of it all unless they visited affected areas.

It would be very helpful if signs were in place to act as a reminder, or shown on satnav; guidance for motorists if you will.
I updated my satnav on Saturday and used it on Sunday. The 30 mph zones I drove through last week now show as 20. This is in the Neath Port Talbot area of Wales. -

My previous post last Wednesday said that TomTom had updated the software to show that the 30 limit had changed to 20. I drove the same road today through the Baglan Energy Park, and they have now changed it back to 30mph. How long will it take for TomTom to update the software again?

I actually drove out to Llanelli on Friday and was pleasantly surprised at the accuracy on the outward journey, but dismayed at the inaccuracy on the homeward leg! :D

I actually drove out to Llanelli on Friday and was pleasantly surprised at the accuracy on the outward journey, but dismayed at the inaccuracy on the homeward leg! :D
I also drove to Trostre about 10 days ago via the motorway, but as there were no changes to the speed limits on these roads, everything was correct. I came back avoiding the motorway and there were loads of errors.

Ask a Question