Watch DVDs on your TomTom

Just a quick question for those of you who have downloaded a video player onto a TT containing a hard drive. (I have the 910, which is fairly naked at present ,with no external software added.) Does the addition of the media software, along with the movie/mp3 downloads, have any impact on the speed of TT's navigation instruction or ability to acquire a SAT signal?

Just a quick question for those of you who have downloaded a video player onto a TT containing a hard drive. (I have the 910, which is fairly naked at present ,with no external software added.) Does the addition of the media software, along with the movie/mp3 downloads, have any impact on the speed of TT's navigation instruction or ability to acquire a SAT signal?

No impact whatsover!

However, please realize that when using the vid player, you cant navigate.

920 not supported by Mobilnova

The Mobilnova one lists 920 as one of it's models when you go to download.

When you go to download the Mobilnova the 920 is listed in the drop down menu but in the help section it is not listed as one of the supported models. http://www.mobilnova.com/MobilNova/en/Manual.php#_Toc180420002 Has anybody tried using this software with their 920 without experiencing any problems? Or is there any other way to watch movies on the 920?

Last edited:
When you go to download the Mobilnova the 920 is listed in the drop down menu but in the help section it is not listed as one of the supported models. http://www.mobilnova.com/MobilNova/en/Manual.php#_Toc180420002 Has anybody tried using this software with their 920 without experiencing any problems? Or is there any other way to watch movies on the 920?

I just installed the trial version of Mobilnova and I must say: it's niiiiice! I did not experience the remote problem that was described by another user but the remote takes about 1-2 minutes to pair again. otherwise this software has been working just fine (i've used it for about 1 hour...i'll let you know if i encounter any problems). Thanks for all of the posts so far!

When I installed mobilnova on my unit it caused the exact same issues as a user above. My remote would not pair until I did a reset. Also, I noticed that the video player exits the tomtom application and runs as a native app in the linux OS. When you exit the video app, the unit restarts and the firmware loader boots into linux and starts the TT Navigator app.

When I installed mobilnova on my unit it caused the exact same issues as a user above. My remote would not pair until I did a reset. Also, I noticed that the video player exits the tomtom application and runs as a native app in the linux OS. When you exit the video app, the unit restarts and the firmware loader boots into linux and starts the TT Navigator app.

Resets are a fact of life. When in doubt, reset!

I bought Mobilnova and it kinda sucks - It is slow to start, slow to quit, a bit buggy (crashes), has a very cheap looking interface and is a bugger to convert videos for - the included software didn't work for me so i messed with others until i found something to work

:mad: Don't bother!

Ask a Question