Watch DVDs on your TomTom

I don't think either company supports the 920 model. I contacted makayama and was told that they don't support the 920 model and the rep didn't know when they would come out with an update that would run on the 920 model either. thanks for the info, though!

I don't think either company supports the 920 model. I contacted makayama and was told that they don't support the 920 model and the rep didn't know when they would come out with an update that would run on the 920 model either. thanks for the info, though!

The Mobilnova one lists 920 as one of it's models when you go to download.

For the Mac users has anyone used handbrake and/or created any profiles for the 920? If not I'll create one when my 920 gets here.

Purchased this for my ONE and I LOVE it.

Movies are about 3MB per min, so one 2hr movie only fills abour 360MB of space

Same here.
I purchased this software last weekend and it is awesome!
The conversions do take a while.

People are being vague (or I am after a day of x-country skiing) about which software they have purchased/used since two different ones are mentioned.

Mobilnova works on the 920 series but the other one I'm not sure about since their webpage says it only works on select devices.

People are being vague (or I am after a day of x-country skiing) about which software they have purchased/used since two different ones are mentioned.

Mobilnova works on the 920 series but the other one I'm not sure about since their webpage says it only works on select devices.

I purchased Mobilnova's Media Center and it is great on my TomTom ONE LE.

I downloaded the Mobilnova DEMO software and installed it on my TT920 last night. It seems to work, but with two major issues.

1. When using the media center, the GPS portion of your TomTom is completely shutoff. No navigating, no spoken directions.

2. After using the media center and exiting, the Bluetooth remote will not reconnect. Only after a hard reset will it reconnect.

Other than these two issues so far, it is pretty bitchin to have a video player on my TT920.

Last edited:
Well heck,

You dont expect to be navigating and watching movies do you??

The video player is for use by the passengers or the driver when parked & waiting!!

Meh... I was merely just pointing it out. It's not explicitely pointed out on the mobilnova website and some people may find it helpful. I was more concerned with the second issue regarding the remote.

I downloaded the Mobilnova DEMO software and installed it on my TT920 last night. It seems to work, but with two major issues.

1. When using the media center, the GPS portion of your TomTom is completely shutoff. No navigating, no spoken directions.

2. After using the media center and exiting, the Bluetooth remote will not reconnect. Only after a hard reset will it reconnect.

Other than these two issues so far, it is pretty bitchin to have a video player on my TT920.

1) I agree with the no spoken directions, however, you CAN have the music playing in the background while the navigation still works (again, just no spoken directions as there is software contention and this would cause the unit to completely shutdown and reboot. Do this to make the MP3 play in the background:
a) Turn OFF your TomTom sound
---> CHANGE PREFERENCES
---> TURN OFF SOUND
(the little NO SPEAKER icon shows in your 3D display)
b) Run Media Center
c) Click on MUSIC
d) Select a Song
e) Click OPTIONs
f) Click the USE SYSTEM OUTPUT and then click OK
g) Click on BACK
h) Click on BACK
i) On the CONFIRMATION screen click on NO
-->The TomTom should jump to the navigation screen and the music is still playing in the background

NOTE: The very first time you try this procedure, the music may not be playing on the navigation screen. Simply go back into the MUSIC player, select a song and then click BACK, BACK, NO and it should work. All subsequent uses of the player should work fine and you shouldn't have to do it twice.

ALSO NOTE: When in navigation view, you will NOT have access to volume controls

Obviously, the video player can ONLY be played as a video player by itself...no navigation.

2) I don't use bluetooth so I cannot comment....perhaps the same procedure above with the MP3 player may work.

Meh... I was merely just pointing it out. It's not explicitely pointed out on the mobilnova website and some people may find it helpful. I was more concerned with the second issue regarding the remote.

Just making a joke.

I had the mobilnova vid player on my TT 910, so I know its a great add on. Saves you having to buy a portable DVD player for the kids in the back seat!

Ask a Question