Watch a Movie on your ONE

Is this s/w really worth it...considering it is hard, not to mention dangerous to watch a movie while driving...additionally as I understand it there is no way to port the video to external screens say in the back seats for the kids, etc.

What uses do some of you use it for?

PS I have a 910 with about 8-10 GB of available drive space...

Right now as I said before I solely use mine "in-car" for the one video to calm my son down when he gets cranky. He sits int he back seat int he center so can look right out the front windshiled. He can see the TT1 from his seat.

And for when we have down time (stopped somewhere away from home) He, my wife, and/or I can watch something. We have yet to use this really. I've just been playing with the last few days.

On long road trips ont he highway I think my wife may watch an episode of Prison Break or something fromt he passenger seat.

I know I'll never watch a video while driving....

Not impressed with MobilNova Media Player

I'm not impressed with MobilNova Media Player or it's support.

It's a cool little program but the headaches aren't worth the $40(USD) in my opinion.

I'm clearly still having issues, though I have not tried to play a video since my support call to MobilNova.... and they close my call saying it's fixed?!?!?

My Support Call

For those ONE owners looking at this, I'd hold off for either the price to drop, or a better version. The simple fact that support says it shuts down the Navigation software of a Navigation device should say enough.

I know I know... some of you are going to say well battom, you didn't buy a dvd player and try to install GSP software, you have a PND..if you want your wife or kid to watch videos, go buy a device made for it...

Just letting anyone intersted in my opinion of this software for the TT ONE

PS... hey mods, this whole post should probably go into the ONE forum? Sorry I post here origionally. I think it was accidental. :)

Last edited:
How to remove icon?

I removed this video software from my 910, but the icon is still listed in the main menu, how do i remove the icon from my tom tom?

I'd check with MobilNova's support... it would seem to me that they would incorporate that with their uninstall.

I hate programs that leave stuff behind after an uninstall......

I'm not impressed with MobilNova Media Player or it's support.

It's a cool little program but the headaches aren't worth the $40(USD) in my opinion.

I'm clearly still having issues, though I have not tried to play a video since my support call to MobilNova.... and they close my call saying it's fixed?!?!?

My Support Call

For those ONE owners looking at this, I'd hold off for either the price to drop, or a better version. The simple fact that support says it shuts down the Navigation software of a Navigation device should say enough.

I know I know... some of you are going to say well battom, you didn't buy a dvd player and try to install GSP software, you have a PND..if you want your wife or kid to watch videos, go buy a device made for it...

Just letting anyone intersted in my opinion of this software for the TT ONE

PS... hey mods, this whole post should probably go into the ONE forum? Sorry I post here origionally. I think it was accidental. :)
Sorry, what's bad about shutting down the nav software? I don't quite follow.

Well I would think that one would at least be able to listen to the voice directions during video playback. Not to mention when it starts back up you have to tell it to navigate somewhere unless you opt to have it start where you left off by default in the startup prefs.

I still have yet to try another video.... I'm worried it may lock up again and I won't be able to reset it. TomTom.com certainly won't help me after installing 3rd-party software.

Check your SD card and look under the SDK Registry folder to see if there is a icon picture in there. You can also perform a seach on your SD card for any *.bmp files.

Well I would think that one would at least be able to listen to the voice directions during video playback. Not to mention when it starts back up you have to tell it to navigate somewhere unless you opt to have it start where you left off by default in the startup prefs.

I still have yet to try another video.... I'm worried it may lock up again and I won't be able to reset it. TomTom.com certainly won't help me after installing 3rd-party software.
ohhh.. I get now.

So that'll be watching the movie (the wife of course) while you navigate. That's why you didn't like the fact that the nav software shuts down.

I was just thinking of using the ONE as a video iPod lol. i.e. watching video when I'm not navigating.

Check your SD card and look under the SDK Registry folder to see if there is a icon picture in there. You can also perform a seach on your SD card for any *.bmp files.

who's this to? in referene to what? I think I'm lost.... maybe I better get my TomTom out. Oh wait... I haven't got my new maps yet so i may still be lost! :D

Well my ONE HOME is working... found it!
I removed this video software from my 910, but the icon is still listed in the main menu, how do i remove the icon from my tom tom?

I'll go to bed now and leave you all alone...

Last edited:
thx. So I guess there's no reason for me to uninstall since I'll probably only watch while I'm not navigating anyway hehe. Unless the crash is becoming annoying and I have to start carrying a paperclip around.

did you look at my support call? Download the debug... I haven't had a probelm since, but I've only played the video twice since as well.

Not yet. I'm running out of space... ~3MB left. MobilNova took about 4-5MB and my one 30-sec ad took another 3MB of space. Yeesh.

change the settings in their converter. What are you using now?

I'm at....
150Kbit/sec and Low quality but fast.
6 min video is 2464 KB

.....and it really doens't look like "low quality" to me.

On my other SD Card I have a 2:05 hour movie I ripped from a DVD on it at those settings and it's only a 523MB file. :)

Anyway to add Audio? I've noticed that MobilNova added an "Audio" folder and a "Video" folder to TT's root directory.

i'll put this on my list of things to test...see if I can use this program to install and play MP3s...

i'll get back to you.

Will not convert MP3s. it fails. But there does seem to be n Audio folder on the tomtom now so I will look deeper.

To Be continued...

Ask a Question