Watch a Movie on your ONE

Yep... it works on a ONE!!!

You have to get the software from here:
MobilNova

I just installed the demo and watched 2 minutes of Click with Adam Sandler. DVD quality...

File format supported is a huge list.... I can post the helpfile contents for for formats if anyone wants.

That great.
My only concern is if the software will work with updated firmwires TomTom will have from time to time.

Touche`

But what about having a 'spare' SD card for movies only? Granted you have to have some map on the card or it won't start up. I was thinking of leaving the Guam map as it is smaller.

Right now it doesn't matter as the demo version only allows 120 seconds of video to be saved to the TomTom.

But if I leave 1 SD card at the present firmware and the other for driving... I guess I can't watch Prison Break as I'm taking the wife out to dinner somewhere heh?

Last edited:
Bought the software

I broke down and decided it might be worth the 30Euro and bought the MobilNova software.

The demo was great and the picture was clear and great audio too.

....wonder how long my battery will last though unplugged watching a movie.

I didn't get my link to the registered version yet though. Apparently there needs to be a live body on the other end to send a link... sheesh.

My order was #484 so this stuff is pretty new I'd say. But hey... I can endulge a little seeing how I bought the cheaper TomTom right?

I'll keep anyone interested informed on how things go....

Maybe I should go get some sleep now.... nah, it's almost time to go to work over in the UK, maybe someoen will email me before the sun comes up here!!!! :D

I've installed the demo of this and it looks really good. I've converted some MP4 and AVI and MOV files successfully and the player works great.

Will I buy it? Probably but not yet, here's why: I have quite a few movies I've already ripped with shareware to produce wmv files to watch on my PDA, and guess what format this program doesn't like! Also the next version promises the ability to rip directly from a dvd which at the moment is a bit of a lengthy and complicated process - which having already gone through to get my windows media files I don't want to go through again.

For other reasons, I just put my TT memory card onto a 1gig card so I've already got 600mb available for movies though - roll on the next release :)

I'm very interested in hearing how this works out for you, battom. Especially in what kind of battery life you get. Very interesting piece of software.

Yeah... I should have waited on the next release as well. Though I have no issue ripping my DVDs, I can also add my recored TV to the SD Card...very nice. I watched 2 old episodes of Friends today while my Ford 500 was getting an oil change at the dealer. :)

So far my son and I have watched the full length movie 'The Lion King' while waiting our turn at the doctors. And the 2 Friends episodes.... nice but a PAIN to get installed correctly. you MUST install the registered version over the demo. If you remove the demo first, your screwed. Odd....

Was it worth the 40 bucks US? eh.... I have to test some more.

clscoolsign.jpg

wow... I assumed you've upgraded your card? Otherwise, I'm not sure how you fitted an entire movie on the stock 1GB card.

I configured a spare SD card I have for now.
I restored a backup onto the spare then deleted just about everything except for the Guam map as it was the smalles map I have and if there is no map on the TomTom it won't boot to a menu. I made a custom menu for this card that only shows the movie player.

The full length movie was about 600MB and each Friends episode was 58MB. I just switch cards when i get to my destination... can't watch a movie and drive at the same time. State cops around here nail you for cell phone use while driving, I bet they'd have a field day with me if they say a TV on the dash going downt he highway. ;)

I had the time cuz I know my dealership... they are SLOW for us guys who bought the extended service warranty which comes with the free oil changes for life. It always takes them an hour to change my oil. Irritating, but free. and free at any Ford dealer so when we move back to Florida and can still get my oil changed for zip. :)

But... as soon as I get word from TomTom support that the ONE supports a 4GB SD Card, I'll keep the movies on the same card..... less hassle.

I'm very interested in hearing how this works out for you, battom. Especially in what kind of battery life you get. Very interesting piece of software.

I just found out that the program is designed to play the selected video in a loop.... never ending. Why? i dunno... the programer made it that way for some reason.

So I have a favorite video on it now, I will charge the battery full and run the video in a corner of the house. I'll note how long it took to power off.

I've also learned that with a "faster SD Card" the performace of the vidoe will be better too. Maybe that's why on my spare Sandisk card it seems to be way better then on the stock TomTom card?

Possibly. I have a BMW ad as my "demo video" on my ONE. The video does lag a bit (converted at 300KB/s or is it Kbits? can't remember).

MobilNova does crash my ONE from time to time when I exit the program.

external hd for tt700

I'm thinking about getting the makayama video software for my tt700, since it doesn't have a sd card and has limited hard drive space, would it be worth buying? I'm not even sure if I can rip a movie even with the compression...Also is there any software for the tt700 in any way recognize say an external hd via usb port to play recorded content on it? Thanks

Loop fix - Stop the endless playback

you've found a sol'n for the continuous loop? where?

In the user manual

the link for the manual is:
http://www.realprices.nl/MobilNova/en/download.php?file=3
(which seems to come and go as a working link so if you get there, save the PDF....)

the fix is

Well I can't get the pdf link to work but I made notes...
the 4th to last line of \Media\etc\mplayer\mplayer.conf (open in wordpad not notepad)

afm = libmad,ffmpegloop = 0
# Edit these two parameters in case of constant AV desyncronisation
#autosync = 300
mc = 0

Remove the red text

One other thing I found odd... the manual actually says editing this file is NOT recommended... yet that's the fix.

What did I get myself into?

Hopefully I will get free updates to any new releases.....

Last edited:
TomTom plays cyclically

Finally got the link to the user manual to open....
The player for TomTom plays cyclically the file. At the end of the file it restarts from the beginning. Is it possible to change this?

Yes, it is possible, but not recommended. Cyclic playback of video is
the default behavior. Go to the directory where you installed the Media
Center, then go to Media\etc\mplayer subdirectory. By default this is
"C:\Program Files\TomTom Media Center\Media\etc\mplayer\"
Edit the file mplayer.conf
At the very bottom of this file you will find line
loop = 0
Delete this line and the player will exit automatically after the
movievideo finishes.
After that you have to transfer changes to your TomTom by pressing
'Install media software' button on 'Tools' tab sheet. It will complain that
you already have latest version, but ignore it and just press yes to reinstall