W&C Europe 7.15 available now

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
Its Feb. 6. As soon as we have no more discount we have a new version of map which is 7.15. Sure, its Western Europe for now. But I hope we'll have the NA map v7.15 as well. Here is size for this particular map:

TT920: 1927 MB
TT720: 1676 MB

So, no way to put TT920 map to TT720.

I have a 920t the euro maps say an update is available, but I do not have enough space, should I just delete the existing euro maps from the device?

I can't believe anyone is surprised that new maps were released 1 day after the sale ended. DUH!

On a side note, Are the prices listed on that link Euros, UK or what?

Not enough free space

Home software said I needed to free up 149mb so I deleted the euro maps, (all 1.6gb) tried to install after that and still got an error that I did not have enough free space.

Not enough space

That's where I'm at also. Tried deleting WE maps, then almost everything else I could think of with making the system useless, but no go, still not enough space.I'm afraid that by the time I get this figured out the Latest Map guaranty will have expired!

Not enough free space

I will call tomtom in the am and see what the fix is, then ill post here, unless someone beats me to it.

I have been on the phone with tech support all day I mean all day from 10 am to 4:30 pm and I am still on hold with level 2. Anyway this is the procedure they had me do today.

Fix 1 - Deleting
1 - Delete All european maps,
2 - Deleta Guam
3 - Delete USA
Download & Reinstall USA
Download European maps
Still got the same error

Fix 2 - Format unit
1- Completly format unit
2 - Open home software
3 - download only the go software ( I am missing all vocies etc)
4 - download the maps

Download and installed usa and europe, this time the euro map ended in error "NaN" Although the maps did seem to install. I can actuallty switch to the euro map now, but now I cant download any computer voices. The home software only shows non computer voices so this means no text to speech. Transferred me to level 2.

Level 2 support fixes
1 - Clean flash tool - didnt work
2 - Uninstall home software, reboot, go to tomtom.com/home & reinstall
This Didnt work.
3 - Hard reset from the unit didnt work

Final Fix - RMA
They decided my unit was faulty, and needed to be replaced. Issued an RMA # and said after two weeks after I ship my unit I should be close to having the tomtom 920t back.

Rma number comes, shows replace with 920, I was told to send ALL accessoies back with the unit, another call which leads me back to the fact that I am still on hold.

Looks like I will not be buying anything from TOMTOM again. Unbelievable, at the start of the day I had a working unti, now I have a unit that is missing all factory features, voices & maps. The euro maps seems to have a problem after all, I get an error message stating "access error, unable to store map settings"

I feel I should be compensated in some way by tomtom for all of this. At least some added time to the plus service, or something, but they feel I dont deserve it.

Tech non-support

That is a brutal story. If tech support suggested wacking it with a hammer, you would have had the same result in considerably less time.
I think I will just leave well enough alone for the moment on my unit.
Has anyone had any success downloading the new WE map on a 920?

Ask a Question