Voting thread for known unresolved bugs

I'll have to check. In any case, it's on the map update screen not the 'what POI categories do you want to display' screen. This should be an unrelated event.

UPDATE

Just checked. No, you don't see the screen with the POI categories and check boxes when you edit a POI on the report a map error section. You can choose a POI category or just search for it. In either case the screen is different than the 'what POI categories do you want to display' screen.

Last edited:
I've noticed that too. If you navigate to a POI, it does the same "add category" thing. I think it was done as a convenience.

So maybe not a bug and as designed. In any case, I question their logic.

Maybe I'm the only one who doesn't care to see my navigation screen cluttered with POI icons that are useless when travelling the freeway at 65 MPH. Likely the CPU usage to render all of these little icons all over the place slows down other functions such as receiving traffic data, re-routing for traffic event, etc that I actually care about.

Anyway, minor annoyance and several more clicks each time I add or edit a POI to turn the displaying of the POI icons back off again.

I noticed this poi annoyance too. Every time I look up a poi by category, that poi category will automatically shows up on the map. Very soon, my map is full of icons and slow down the system. :mad:

Please add my vote (5) to the "bluetooth remote does not scroll phonebook after 8.35x" issue.

Thanks,

Mp3 Error message - TT730 v8.35

I upgraded the firmware as my mp3 and voice directions would stammer after a few hours on longer trips. Plus I wanted to use the FM feature. I found the FM feature a pain to engage and disengage so I reverted back to a line out mode. Better quality, and easy to adjust/engage.

I have had the firmware upgrade for about a month, it worked fine for a couple of weeks.

Last week I had my first problem with mp3 playback. Song is slow to start, then starts for a few seconds, then an error message appears in the upper right corner that TT is having problems reading the file, TT then stops and turns Juke Box off. Voice directions stop also.

If I remove TT and hit the reset, everything is fine for about a week. Error occurs again.

I am using 16GB SDHC class 6 memory (Kodak) and keep the internal memory of my TT empty.

AR

I updated the vote list.

jci, andydrew, jackspm: please revote again. Your initial votes were within 15 days of your first post.

I recommend revoting for the POI showing up issue as a new feature, as I'm not sure i'd classify it as a bug.

I also added a vote for not routing across 20mph roads, and changed my bluetooth handsfree bug to a 5 rating.

Speed limits under 50 are etered 1MPH under on maps

XL330S unit purchased less than one month ago. Speed limits over 50 will show up correctly.All entries 50 and under show up as 1mph less than entered.
TomTom Customer service no help at all. They say this is to keep you from speeding. So they only
do this at speeds under 50? They are clueless.

I think this forum should start a thread called "Stupid TomTom Customer Support Answers" :D

That one would be a candidate.

There is a bug in the firmware software such that speeds entered in mph are converted to kph and back to mph and, in doing so, a rounding error got introduced into the functionality. I think you may even find speeds above 50 mph show the same error in places.

I am aware that firmware application updates for some models appear to have resolved the problem so I presume other models may get the improved application at some point.......

The speed-limit bug only impacted roads that were edited in mapshare (by you or shared from others).

It was fixed in app 8.350 and later. When I do my next vote tally, I'll still count that as a vote for a fix on app 8.0xx which is the latest app for the pre-IQroutes ONE/XL devices.

Hi mvl,
Have been away for a while, but see you've kept the bug lights and wish lists alive. Muchas gracias.
Could you please point me to the master(s) so I can vote as well?
Thanks.

Go here. That masters are in the sticky threads.

Voting

I rate losing your favorites/POI database at a level of 5. I really wish this were a little more hands off to update.

Last edited:
I vote for reinstalling Linux

Reinstalling LINUX on TomTom!

I own several TomTom's (mainly Ones) and I have been back and forth emailing with tech support they have had me reinstall my backup maps over and over (about 1/2 hour of wasted time) and I keep telling them it has to be a Linux related issue since I can replace TTSYSTEM with TomPlayer's and use it as an MP3 player all day long! I did the CLEAR FLASH over 5 times and the TTN runs and leaves the TomTom in a grey screen with a blue line at the bottom. I don't know what else to do they have me going in circles reinstalling maps, formatting, clear flashing, etc etc, blah blah!

A linux reinstall or update would more than likely solve my issue but I don't know if they even have that.

Does anybody know a way to fix this issue?

A linux reinstall or update would more than likely solve my issue but I don't know if they even have that.
ttsystem includes the Linux kernel.

Uhm, Linux is more than just a "kernel" you have other dependant files in order for Linux to run propperly. Apparently one or more files got corrupt and it won't boot into the Navigation ttsystem (with included kernel.)

Uhm, Linux is more than just a "kernel" you have other dependant files in order for Linux to run propperly. Apparently one or more files got corrupt and it won't boot into the Navigation ttsystem (with included kernel.)
Indeed .. but we're really talking a full image here, so nothing should be left out. The ttsystem image file is made up of 1) the initrd image (ramdisk in gzip cpio format) with the root filesystem (includes the bits and pieces you are worried about), and 2) the linux kernel itself in zImage format.

There was a tool around back in the day to crack the ttsystem file back into its component parts, but I don't remember the name. After doing that, you could then investigate the gzip'd ramdisk content to determine what all was going to be extracted into the file structure that was created.

2 bugs

The developers of the software I don't think checks to see if 2D North up is working. If they do, they would notice that compass direction is wrong if you enable it to be displayed.

Also, They would notice that all of the street names that are vertically oriented on the map will not display. Hard to tell what street is coming up next.

I updated the vote totals.

I removed all the app 8.x bugs - app 8.x was released in 2008, and it's unlikely that any device will get bug-fixes if updates weren't published for over 2 years.

Also, I added a "vote" from angel2167882 for the issues posted here.

Tadaari, can you let us know what device you're having your issues on? I have been unable to reproduce the issues on my Tomtoms.

I'd consider it a bug that you can't shut off the 2D/3D display button in the tray on the 540TM now with update 9.4. This wasn't the case with previous versions of the application.

Ask a Question