Bluetooth car compatibility thread

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920T
A bunch of new cars on the market now include Bluetooth capabilities. No need to wear a headset, just talk into the air. ...but some of them also will copy your contact list from your phone. I don't know whether that's made available to the TomTom or not.

Some cars also transmit the status of headlights. With the right accessory, I know the 710/910 TomTom can change to night mode when the headlights are activated.

The same accessory will allow a TomTom to route all sound through the stereo system.

I would imagine (though haven't verified) that much like using a headset with your TomTom and phone, the unit shuts up if you're on the phone, and beeps when it has something you need to glance at.

I don't know what the full list of car-compatible Bluetooth features is, but I'm in the market for a new car so I'm curious about what I'm missing out on, as well as do's and don't's.

I figured since we have a cell phone thread (which is in "Tweaks" since there's so much tweaking necessary to make certain phones work), why not a car thread?!

Please post --
Make and model of car:
TomTom model:
Feature list
_ night mode on headlights
_ speakerphone
_ mute/beeps during call
_ media player playback through sound system
_ address book transfer
_ other? (add to my list)

Ask a Question