An old Thread Fix that is fixing my Start - almost!

TomTom Model(s)
Start
HI All,

I've been browsing the forums these last two weeks in an effort to get my Start (1ex00, starting serial XC) working. It had the usual freezes on drums / splash screen problem and I'd tried everything from flashing, resetting, backup and wiping - but to no avail.

I did however find a thread from February this year on these forums that matched my tom tom model exactly, and had the exact problem:

https://www.tomtomforums.com/threads/fixing-a-tomtom-start.29122/

Unlike the user who posted, the suggestions listed worked for my device, but unfortunately I have come against a brick wall and would greatly appreciate some assistance from those posters or anyone else who might be able to help me.

Following the post, so far I have the navcore updated to 9.057 as linked in the post above. (My tom tom was not updating its software beyond 8.544). Just now I have transferred my UK and ROI maps from my self-made backup but the Start still freezes on its own - when I have it connected to the PC however, it is perfectly stable. I'm even able to run 'Operate my device' and plot routes, update my location set preferences and all that - which is a whole lot more than it was doing before the navcore update. It wasn't even seeing TomTom Home 2 updates, let alone allowing me to plan routes.

I'd be grateful if anyone could suggest why my Start is still crashing since I've updated the navcore. Is it a conflict with my map folder that I'm adding - or should I copy any other folders from my backup? I'm stumped but would appreciate some advice.

Cheers

One last thing to try, since you say the emulator works..........

Connect to Home-->Operate my Unit-->and add a favourite. Then disconnect the unit properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon.

Restart the unit. See if that helps.

Hi dhn,

I appreciate the reply. Unfortunately, it is still no better. I think I have tried all options but to no avail. If anyone needs a perfect cosmetic condition Start (1ex00) for spare or repairs - it'll be on Ebay this week.

My thanks to all on these forums :)

Ask a Question