Verizon Razr v3m Bluetooth possible without data?

TomTom Model(s)
All,

I just recieved my TT720 earlier today and I'm happy to say that from the help on this forum I've already got 95% of it set up. VP is already set up, (Running Home 2, FW V.7.221, NA Maps V.710).

Unfortunately I'm having trouble setting up my bluetooth and need some help. I've spent about 2+ hrs reading through this forum and other linked cell hack forums but to no avail. Here's the 411:

Verizon National plan
No Data (Don't want to sign up for anything else)
moto razr v3m Phone
Not looking to hack the phone to enable HUN (to risky for me).

On the phone I can get it to recognize the TT. Tools > Bluetooth > Add New Device > password 0000.

My TT can't recognize the Phone though :confused: . I've tried just about every setting I can think of on the TT, including having the phone & TT look for each other at the same time. No luck. I have a feeling the TT requires some type of data feed recognition in the bluetooth signal. Thoughts?

I'm sure there has to be a way to modify a directory file in the TT in order to remove the requirement for having the bluetooth data file present. Any thoughts on where it might be or how to modify it? I'm not looking for traffic updates, I just want to use it for hands free calling and POI calling.

Thanks in advance! :)

This may sound stupid but on your phone make sure that the setting that enables your phone to be visable to other devices is checked. If not TT cannot see the phone.

I have a Motorola RAZR v3m and it works perfectly. Unfortunately, I had to learn the hard way too. The phone is not visible by default. You need to go into the bluetooth menu and enable the discovery mode. The phone will then be visible for only 60 seconds. Once the phone is visible, the TT should find it up and setup the connection. Once I did that I have not had any problems using the hands free mode with the RAZR.

I have a Motorola RAZR v3m and it works perfectly. Unfortunately, I had to learn the hard way too. The phone is not visible by default. You need to go into the bluetooth menu and enable the discovery mode. The phone will then be visible for only 60 seconds. Once the phone is visible, the TT should find it up and setup the connection. Once I did that I have not had any problems using the hands free mode with the RAZR.

OMG! I can't believe it was that simple! Thank you so much for helping me out. I didn't realize that both devises were trying to yell at each other and none of them were listening. I'm connected and running!

Thank you!

Not a problem.

Another lesson I learned the hardway was that you cannot use custom rings on for individuals. If you change someone in your phonebook to use something other than default ring, it does not notify the TT of the incoming call. Once I changed the phonebook entries back the default ring, it worked perfectly. This is most likely a bug with the RAZR phone, but it was annoying.

Razr - Text Messaging

I was wondering if anyone was having a problem of text messaging through the TT720. I can receive the text messages fine, can call back to the sender, but I have not been able to reply via text or even start a new text message. The device indicates that the feature is not support. Any ideas? Thanks

Not a problem.
Another lesson I learned the hardway was that you cannot use custom rings on for individuals. If you change someone in your phonebook to use something other than default ring, it does not notify the TT of the incoming call. Once I changed the phonebook entries back the default ring, it worked perfectly. This is most likely a bug with the RAZR phone, but it was annoying.

My V710 works just fine so it must be the RAZR.

I just got my go 720 for my birthday and i have the same problem as you. Everything is set-up on the unit/computer. Only difference is that i have a Moto Krzr K1m instead of the Razr (also have verizon wireless).

Not a problem.

HMMMM.
I have a rzr v3r connected. I have custom ring tones for people and get the basic ring ding over the TT when connected.

Ask a Question