Problem pairing tom tom 730 with verizon lg env touch!:(

Eli

I bought my tom tom 730 black friday. I dont have the receipt anymore so I cant return it. I can't pair it with my phone, so I cant get traffic, bluetooth, gas prices and more on the gps. Basically I wasted the money on it when for the same service I could have gotten a much cheaper brand. I called tom tom and they said too bad there is nothing they can do for me. Tom tom generally only works for AT&T.

Please help me find a way to pair it together with my verizon lg env touch so I can properly use it. I really appreciate your time and any help you can offer. Thanks so much!!

I expect that supermod, mvl, will respond to this thread by the end of the day. One of the many areas he is an expert in includes phone pairing issues. So check back later.

(others may also provide good advice here as well)

I have the LG Dare. I had to put both my 720 and my phone in discoverable mode for them to pair. It may take a couple of tries.

Thanks so much. I have been trying to do that, and I was finally able to connect the bluetooth. Now im trying to figure out how to get the traffic updates. I should have read the fine print on the box stating which cariers it works with. Oh well, thats a lesson in life for me to learn.

Thanks so much. I have been trying to do that, and I was finally able to connect the bluetooth. Now im trying to figure out how to get the traffic updates. I should have read the fine print on the box stating which cariers it works with. Oh well, thats a lesson in life for me to learn.

Try these settings when it asks you to setup data on Verizon:

APN - leave blank
username "[email protected]" (use your xxxyyyzzzz phonenum)
password "vzn"
Dial string is #777
no dialing script/string.

Ask a Question