verizon phones

I just got a 740 live and took the list of phones to Verizon so I could get a phone that would work with it. Verizon told me all the listed phones were obsolete callled Tomtom They were no help. CAn anyone tell me which of the current Verizon phones will work with the 740?

I have a Droid X paired with my 730. Works fine for bluetooth except it will not download the address book. Have not tried setting up an internet connection.

If you can't get your phone book to sync with the device did you know you can create a contacts list on your PC then put it on the TomTom which will than work?

Its best if you can get your contacts off the phone on to the PC then edit each line of the text so it reads as follows:

"Tony Smith/M","0123456789","DEFAULT"
"Brian Smith/W","0123456789","DEFAULT"
"Brian Smith/H","0123456789","DEFAULT"

its "Name/Location","number","DEFAULT"

Location can be:

M = Mobile
W = Work
H = Home

When you have the text sorted out (Use NotePad on the PC to edit the text) simply save as "contacts.txt" (without the "") and transfer the file to the "contacts" folder on the TomTom - Mike

AFAIK, Verizon disables the ability to transfer phone books...so the advice above is what I had to do:eek:

I don't think Verizon is disabling phonebook transfer. I had no problem pairing and transferring to my Ford Sync system.

phones

I just got a 740 live and took the list of phones to Verizon so I could get a phone that would work with it. Verizon told me all the listed phones were obsolete callled Tomtom They were no help. CAn anyone tell me which of the current Verizon phones will work with the 740?

sonyericson phones work great on my 740 live. i have a 350a phone that works great on mine

Ask a Question