Go 920 with BlackBerry 9550 on Verizon

Hi,

I just replaced my previous BlackBerry 8220 on T-Mobile with a BlackBerry 9550 on Verizon. All the Bluetooth functionality worked fine with the 8220 and although the hands-free functions work with the 9550 I've yet to get the data services to work.

I have Verizon's Domestic Mobile Broadband Connect, which I believe should allow me to use the phone as a data modem but I've not been able to find any suitable manual settings to try (either specifically for the 9550 or in general for Verizon for that matter).

So, my question is, has anybody had any success with the 9550 and, if not, can anybody suggest any manual settings for the TomTom that should work with Verizon that I can try.

Any yes, I know I could use the 9550 as a navigation device, but I like my TomTom :) and would just like to get everything working again on it.

Thanks,

Paul

So far, no one seems to have luck lately with any Blackberry on Verizon.

Try reading through recent posts here and check out posts on crackberry.com. If anything works, let us know.

I now have a Tour and recently purchased Tetherberry and wonder if anyone has any idea if this might work for Data Services on the Tomtom?

I am a member of Crackberry and will probably ask there, too.

So far, no one seems to have luck lately with any Blackberry on Verizon.

Try reading through recent posts here and check out posts on crackberry.com. If anything works, let us know.

I'm waiting on a new 930 to arrive in the mail so I can't try it out yet, but I'm curious to what you mean with this post. Are you referring to any Blackberry on Verizon working at all with the TomTom's, or using the extra Plus services? All I want is for my Tour to pair with my 930 so I can take/make calls as I don't intend to use the other services.

Thanks for any tips or clarification.:cool:
Geo

handsfree seems to work fine. no one seems to have gotten plus services to work.

Ok, just received my 930 today. I was able to pair with my Tour to make calls and use the phonebook. However, I can't do any texting. Is there a way to enable this? I'm just wondering if this is an incompatibility issue, or is there something I need to adjust on my BB's menu.

Thanks again for info!
George

When you pair, it will tell you what features it found. See if SMS was on the list (you may need to disconnect and repair).

Tomtom's implementation of SMS is compatible with very very few phones.

Ask a Question