Verify model # through serial #?

I'm looking to purchase a like new XL 340TM, and hope someone can help verify the model # through the serial #.

The serial number starts with RU. When I enter this at the "What device do I have?" page, I get back "XL IQ Routes TTS* / 340S - 2GB".

Hoping to get what I pay for. Thanks for the help.

Sounds about right to me then.
"XL IQ Routes is the model name in Europe
TTS means it has text to speech

340 is the US model number
S means "speech"
and 2GB is the amount of memory it has

I believe that the "T" of TM means it should have the RDS-TMC Traffic receiver included in the box, and the "M" means lifetime maps subscription, but I'm a little hazy on that as we didn't have those variants in the UK.
(If someone can enlighten me (and on "S", "L" and "E" variants, I promise I'll write it all down!)

I've got one sitting on the desk in front of me but mine's the IQ LIVE version.

Last edited:
I'm looking to purchase a like new XL 340TM, and hope someone can help verify the model # through the serial #.

The serial number starts with RU. When I enter this at the "What device do I have?" page, I get back "XL IQ Routes TTS* / 340S - 2GB".

Hoping to get what I pay for. Thanks for the help.

It's all exactly as it should be. Andy got it right. The basic model under the hood is the XL340S with 2GB of memory.

As he says, S = text to speech. They also made a version without text to speech called the XL340.

Your TM model is an XL340 plus text to speech plus your lifetime Traffic and Map subscriptions, and the 2GB of memory.

The common variants follow:

RR = XL IQ Routes / 340 - 1GB
RS = XL IQ Routes / 340 - 2GB
RT = XL IQ Routes / 340S - 1GB
RU = XL IQ Routes / 340S - 2GB

Ask a Question