urgent disk space help!

I have a tomtom ONE second edition. I am traveling to australia tomorrow and need to download the map asap. however, according to 'show contents' i only have 37.6MB on the device, most of the total 979MB is taken up by US/Canada and the australia map takes up 99MB. I dont see anything extra that i can blow away to free up the extra 60MB i need. whats the best course of action? can i backup the US/Canada map temporarily and swap it with the australia map? is it safe to copy files into the computer using the windows explorer menu and put them back when i return?

thanks for help in advance, and sorry i dont have the time to search the forum for existing answers!

Last edited:
1. Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. Ensure hidden files/folders are showing.
2. Make a backup of just the USA/Canada folder on your computer.
3. (After confirming both backups are ok in steps 1 & 2)DELETE the USA/Can map folder from your unit.
4. Dl and install the Oz map using Home.
5. When you return from Australia, copy the Oz map to your computer.
6. Delete the Oz folder from your unit.
7. Copy back the USA/canada folder.

And, enjoy Australia!

Ask a Question